Accounting Control – Data Trace and Control Analyst
- Standard / Permanent
- FINANCE ACCOUNTS AND MANAGEMENT CONTROL
The role will be responsible for supporting the Data Trace (DT) and Data Control (DC) processes. The DT process is
a risk-based control over the data driven regulatory compliance efforts, aiming at ensuring that initial and continued
compliance is reached. DC process requires analyzing results and findings from the various processes, to be reported
to the senior management. Both these processes involve coordination with other teams such as Regulatory reporting,
Finance, Client management and other IT departments. Coordination with Data Stewards is also required.
– Perform risk assessments and define plan for transaction testing (sampling of transactions and mapping through
– Evaluate the source documents received from all stakeholders for their acceptability for substantiation
– Analyze source documents for correctness, provide reporting (throughout the process) and ending with a final
– Carry out tasks necessary to deliver data trace on agreed upon scope of work by coordinating with the relevant IT
and non-IT stakeholders either autonomously or as part of an assignment team. This includes, but is not limited to,
coordinating data extractions, coordinating process reviews, coordinating requirements reviews with subject matter
experts, comparing with sources of authority and other available internal and external baselines
– Perform criticality assessment of findings in view of enabling prioritization of their review and possible remediation actions
launch by the relevant team(s)
– Log findings and document assignment report and associated delivery materials
– Monitor resolution of findings for performed reviews
– Maintain knowledge on the assigned regulatory report(s) with regards to changes in requirements, instructions, frequently
asked questions, industry approaches and other sources of information on how to practically deliver reports in adherence
to regulatory expectations
– Understand the instruction sheet published by US Fed
– Audit regulatory reports to source documents, evaluating data transformations to various source systems and subsystems
– Have a clear understanding about the type of product he/she is working on.
– Collaborate with key stakeholders (data stewards, business owners, data owners & process owners) in each line of
business to get detailed documentation that will assist in reviewing the report.
– Support the deployment of the Data Controls framework across reporting, platforms and geographies in scope
– Propose enhancements to the framework and prepare business case for sponsoring these improvements
– Perform risk assessment of data flows, identify gaps in controls and establish a process for the stakeholders to address
– Carry out tasks necessary to deliver the Data Quality Improvement by coordinating with the relevant IT and non-IT
stakeholders either autonomously or as part of an assignment team. This includes, but is not limited to, coordinating
process reviews and coordinating requirements reviews with subject matter experts.
– Liaise with Business, IT and other stakeholders to maintain/expand risk and control matrix as well as the control
– Create SOP’s, perform knowledge transfer and cross training for proper backup in team.
– Coordinate with onshore team for maintaining key tools used in BaU, metrics, and dashboards.
– Ensure the production of the set of Key Performance Indicators for the team defined by management
– Develop and maintain knowledge on the BCBS239 guidance so as to constantly adjust, as relevant, your activities to the
approach promoted by the Group
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
– Good organizational and interpersonal skills
– Attention to detail and the ability to work with a distributed multinational and multicultural team
– A self-starter who can take the process a level ahead and have the ability to think out of the box, suggest changes and
challenge status quo.
– Ask questions and understand the larger picture for the tasks assigned.
– Display a sense of curiosity, enthusiasm and eagerness to understand business constraints, environment and impact on
regulation for the financial industry.
– Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
– Excellent organization, analytical and time management skills.
– Initiative, autonomy, self-motivated, self-starter
– Extremely well organized and able to ensure adherence to a strict process
– Flexible in a dynamic and evolving environment
– Develops open, considerate and effective relationships with stakeholders
– Experience working successfully in a multicultural environment
– Ability to work under pressure and creatively address various topics on-hand
– Effectively conveys the message in both written and verbal business development discussions
Specific Qualifications (if required)
– Accounting degree (with concentrations in financial/regulatory audit)- CA, MBA Finance
– Minimum 3 years of experience in the audit of banking and capital markets or equivalent experience in financial and/or
regulatory reporting process
– Internal audit experience will be preferred
– Experience of working in end-to-end US Fed regulatory reports like, 5G Liquidity, LCR, NSFR, RWA, Risk, CCAR, IHC
FRY9C reports etc.
– Have conceptual understanding of all or any of the domains like Risk, Finance, Global Markets, Securities Referential,
Counterparty Referential, Corporate Banking, etc.
– Good understanding of financial products like capital markets, derivatives, loans, equities, bonds, deposits, CD’s,
various other securities etc.
– Able to summarize critical issues in commentary format along with charts, bar or pie diagrams and able to generate
status report for senior and executive management group.
– Identify risk in process and propose / implement controls.
– Create impact assessments, flow charts, Root cause analysis and other diagnostic documentation