ALMT IT FO MO – DevOps engineer
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, European Union’s leading bank with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 10000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is the European Union’s leading bank and key player in international banking. It operates in 65 countries and has nearly 185,000 employees, including more than 145,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main fields of activity: Commercial, Personal Banking & Services for the Group’s commercial & personal banking and several specialized businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment, and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, the Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, BNP Paribas has four domestic markets: Belgium, France, Italy, and Luxembourg. The Group is rolling out its integrated commercial & personal banking model across several Mediterranean countries, Turkey, and Eastern Europe. As a key player in international banking, the Group has leading platforms and business lines in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific. BNP Paribas has implemented a Corporate Social Responsibility approach in all its activities, enabling it to contribute to the construction of a sustainable future, while ensuring the Group’s performance and stability
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected, and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind, and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, color, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
About Business line/Function:
ALMT function is responsible for Asset Liabilities management and treasury activity of BNP Paribas. It also handles Bank’s funding needs and risk management activities. ALMT IT is a Deal Capture & Deal Processing Application catering to IT demands of ALMT functions within the bank.
Bengaluru- BAGMANE TECH PARK
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Current position is under ALMT IT team scope to support the CI/CD pipeline and implementation of cloud infrastructure. This is a team member role and would entail management, co-ordination and execution of all DevOps projects and functions.
- Implementing various development, testing, automation tools, and IT infrastructure
- Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps, DevSecOps operation
- Monitoring the processes during the entire lifecycle for its adherence and updating or creating new processes for improvement and minimizing the wastage
- Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible
- Identifying and deploying cybersecurity measures by continuously performing vulnerability assessment and risk management
- Incidence management and root cause analysis
- Coordination and communication within the team and with stakeholders
- Ensure continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- Mentoring and guiding the team members
- Managing periodic reporting on the progress to the management and the customer
- Be responsible for non-production environment management activities.
- Contribute towards innovation, suggest new technical practices to be investigated
- Contribute towards initiatives to improve processes and delivery
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Mandatory Technical Skills:
- 5+ years of dedicated working experience as a DevOps Engineer.
- Strong knowledge on CICD, DevOps and DevSecOps concepts for continuous build, automated release & deployments along with environment management.
- Strong Experience and Knowledge on tools like Jenkins, Ansible, Kibana, Logstash, SonarQube, Artifactory, groovy, etc.
- Proficient with Git
- Prior experience of working on Linux based infrastructure, Good knowledge CURL calls and Bash Scripting
- Knowledge of DevSecOps tools like Fortify, NexusIQ, etc.
- Exposure to environment management activities
Nice to have Skills:
- Knowledge of Python
- Exposure to financial domain.
- Knowledge/experience on setting up No SQL (Cassandra), Kafka, etc.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)