ALMT IT – OMR Java Developer
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Job Description – Senior Software Engineer(Java)
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International FinancialServices (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services)and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients(retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in
Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions
About Businessline/Function :
OMR is a settlement application used to handle the settlement and associated functionality of local booking within ALMT world in BNP Paribas. OMR IT team supports the above functionality through customizations on the vendor product OMR, design and development of interfaces that communicate with other applications as part of the settlement lifecycle and also through a set of Business Objects reports that provide insights and necessary control for the Operations and Business
Senior Software Engineer(Java)
ALMT IT – OMR
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
To contribute as a JAVA programmer on application development, enhancements, maintenance and support activities for multiple applications across all SDLC phases with understanding of Devops.
- Application designing / development / testing / support / enhancements / bug fixing.
- Interact with functional and technical representatives of project teams in order to understand business functionalities, technical modules, integration mechanism and data sources.
- Prepare test plans and conduct Unit, Integration, Regression, Performance and Functional Testing.
- Contribute to improve the architecture and design efficient solutions for the project
- Contribute to the technical designing phase and document the design with UML diagrams and models. Create prototype for proof of concept and business requirements validations.
- Participate in peer code reviews and peer modules testing.
- Report progress and escalate issues to the Stakeholders.
- Ensuring that the project and organization standards are followed during various phases of software development life cycle and day-to-day development work.
- Estimate efforts, schedule for various modules, and meet deadlines.
- Technical Documentation.
- Contribute to design and improvement of DEVOPS(CI/CD) related implementation for the team.
- Contribute to Technical projects related to Framework migration & version upgradation(Java ,hibernate & Spring)
- Should be have insights on areas like Java Memory Management & Garbage Collector algorithms,
Design Patterns (SOLID), Encryption Types, OWASP best practices, UX skills, Db purging and Archiving strategies
- Should be well versed with Trunc based development workflow (like Gitflow)
- Should have decision making capabilities for technical projects
Good to have: Knowledge on,
- TLS standard and mTLS authentication
- Types of Java Keystores & Cert types
- Encryption types (Symmetric/Asymmetric) ; PGP, AES etc
- SSO, SAML & OAuth2
- Should participate in stand ups and contribute to various project and organizational processes defined
- Should adapt to various project methodologies used
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Java 1.8
- Spring Framework
- Tomcat, Apache, WebLogic ,
- Restful APIs, SOAP Web services
- Design Patterns
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Ability to share / pass on knowledge
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Java 1.6, 1.8
Oracle SQL, PLSQL