ALMT IT – SnR – Java Developer
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Job Description – ALMT IT – Steering & Referential – Java Developer
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
Sr. Software Engineer
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Current position is under ALMT IT team scope to contribute in individual capacity on development, enhancements, and maintenance & support activities for multiple applications by efficiently utilizing continuous improvement and agile methodology. Immediate tasks would include but not restricted to
– Design and development of new modules
– Modification of existing code and support, for existing modules
– To provide reliable solutions using Java, Oracle and related technologies to issues faced by
- Application designing / development / testing / support / enhancements / bug-fixing.
- Interact with functional and technical representatives of project teams in order to understand business functionalities, technical modules, integration mechanism and data sources.
- Prepare test plans and conduct Unit, Integration, Regression, Performance and Functional Testing using automated testing frameworks (e.g. Junit, etc.).
- Contribute to the technical designing phase and document the design with UML diagrams and models. Create prototype for proof of concept and business requirements validations.
- Ensure that the project and organization standards are followed during various phases of software development lifecycle and day to day development work.
- Estimate efforts and schedule for various modules and meet deadlines.
- Technical and Release Documentation
- Deployment of system components – Application, Shell Scripts and Databases.
- Acquire skills in relevant technologies and take up higher responsibilities
- To participate in out-of-hours / daytime support as required
- To ensure that application is of good quality, ensure any issues are fixed on priority.
- To work with teams to help solve complex technical problems
- Work towards initiatives to improve processes and delivery efficiency
- Contribute towards recruitment efforts – both for the team as well as for the organization
- Contribute towards innovation; suggest new technical practices for efficiency improvement.
- Conduct Code reviews
- Contribute towards innovation, suggest new technical practices to be investigated
- Contribute towards initiatives to improve processes and delivery
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Mandatory Technical Skills:
- Strong knowledge on various Java frameworks – Spring, Hibernate, REST APIetc.
- Good knowledge on Performance Tuning and Secure coding practices in JAVA
- Good knowledge on SQL
- Working knowledge on Java multithreading concepts
- Working knowledge on Unix/Linux & shell scripting
- Working knowledge on middleware tools – Tomcat or WebSphere
- Ability & willingness to learn & work on diverse technologies (languages, frameworks, and tools)
- Thorough understanding of complete Software Development Lifecycle
- Self-motivated, good interpersonal skills and inclination to constantly upgrade on new technologies and frameworks.
- Good communication and co-ordination activities.
Nice to have Skills:
- Knowledge of version control tool -Git
- Exposure to financial domain
Specific Qualifications (if required)
– Java Frameworks – Spring, Hibernate & REST API
– Performance Tuning & Secure coding practices in JAVA
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Communication skills – oral & written
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)