AM / Senior Associate – Equity Derivatives Trade Support
- Standard / Permanent
- OPERATION PROCESSING
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
The EQD Trade Support flow ensures that all the EQD transactions registered in the books under CIB ITO’s mandate match the commitment taken with counterparties within a secure setup, in accordance with Group and Regulatory Policies and/or the contractual agreements.
The main covered processes for these transactions include booking, validation, transaction event related follow-up validation, financial or physical delivery through a secure framework.
The EQD Trade Support Officer role falls within the Product Control department.
The EQD Trade Support officer is directly responsible for all the transactions booked in the EQD Front to back chain and guaranty the position of the bank
AM / Senior Associate
Business Line / Function:
COCE Product control
Head of the Team
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The EQD trade support is one of the main contributor of the bank in term of ensuring the accuracy of the transaction initiated by the trading after their execution. In his very specific position in the operation chain the trade support will liaise with several teams such as FO, documentation, settlement BO, collateral, PnL reporting factory, anti-fraud, compliance, IT, accounting etc
Our mandate is to transform the post execution chain into a safer process with a harmonized and industrialized platform by increasing efficiency and reducing the operation risk. Our mandate is also driven by the satisfactory of our external and internal clients
· Risk monitoring, contribute to remediation plan, escalate issue to his management all issues faced
· Ensure that all LD Trades booked by FO are in line with the broker/external confirmations, sales confirmations and electronic platforms.
· Ensure that all give-up trades/early exercised requests are correctly processed by our clearers in line with FO Booking on TD.
· · Maintain zero processing errors whilst performing key deliverables.
· · Reporting internal and external errors to management.
· · Comprehensive understanding of financial instruments and its lifecycle.
· · Build strong association with Desk Head , Client Representatives ,Sales
· · Liaison with associated teams within the Service Control utility to help resolve trade related exceptions.
· · Act as point of contact for internal middle/back-office enquiries.
· · Apply problem solving and investigative techniques to trade booking / flow issues.
· · Identify Opportunities to strengthen controls and remediate any self-identified gaps.
· · Validate the SLA’s, KPI’s and process documentation.
· · Robust KPI matrix to be published.
· Periodically reviewing of SOP’s as per the defined Modus Operandi.
· BIA to be in place for each of the critical processes and its execution.
· Strong representation for on the floor program and people engagement initiatives.
· Ensure all mandatory trainings are completed without reminders.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· Positive and dynamic attitude to complying with deadlines and objectives.
· Be able to adapt to the change
· products and market knowledge, and the post execution chain
· Rigorous and organized
· Communication skills and listening skills
· Develop a solution oriented mind set and a team spirit
· Contribute to the global motivation of the team
· Maintain a follow up file updated of the project that the analyst is in charge of
· Demonstrate a proposal mind-set in order to better serve our clients and improve the quality of our day to day tools
· High degree of interest in product and process issues affecting the department.
· Participate in the cross training program
· Effective time management and ability to prioritize workload and escalate issues to management.
· Have strong interpersonal / communication skills.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)