- Standard / Permanent
- OPERATION PROCESSING
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, European Union’s leading bank with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 10000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is the European Union’s leading bank and key player in international banking. It operates in 65 countries and has nearly 185,000 employees, including more than 145,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main fields of activity: Commercial, Personal Banking & Services for the Group’s commercial & personal banking and several specialised businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment, and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, the Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, BNP Paribas has four domestic markets: Belgium, France, Italy, and Luxembourg. The Group is rolling out its integrated commercial & personal banking model across several Mediterranean countries, Turkey, and Eastern Europe. As a key player in international banking, the Group has leading platforms and business lines in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific. BNP Paribas has implemented a Corporate Social Responsibility approach in all its activities, enabling it to contribute to the construction of a sustainable future, while ensuring the Group’s performance and stability
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
About Business line/Function:
Team performs Fund Accounting for various clients across several locations with 24 x5 coverage. The process includes Transactions input, Reconciliation, Fund valuation, Cash processing, Reporting & Transfer Agency with intraday deadlines. Accurate and timely reporting of NAV to the end client is the key objective of the team.
Assistant Manager – Fund Accounting
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
BNP Paribas GSO is seeking a proactive and creative team player to work as an Assistant Manager of the team. The ideal candidate for this position will possess strong know how of the process and act as an effective back-up to his/her supervisor. The position will work closely with the Fund Accounting team to keep them motivated and devise continuous ways to improve the process.
- Need to be a SME (Subject Matter Expert) of the process with complete knowledge & understanding of NAV Calculation Processing & Review across variety of funds & instruments types.
- Ensure NAV calculations are produced in a timely manner as per SLA. Completeness of NAV packs includes accurate report generation, timely delivery of reports, scanning & archiving.
- Ensure all reconciliation breaks in TA, Cash & Stock are validated and justified for each calculated NAV.
- Ensuring the KPI’s are kept in Green at all times.
- Preparation of Key/Standard Operating Procedures for each process migrated to Chennai.
- Consistently evaluate the documented procedures to ensure they are complete, accurate and up to date.
- Prioritize the work and conduct investigation with due diligence on all the discrepancies.
- Carry out other ad-hoc duties may arise from time to time, mainly on month ends & year ends.
- Ensure review of critical queries before sent. Where issues/errors arise ensure detailed analysis of issues and clear understanding is gained before responding to client, spoke or other parties.
- Ensure that the Reports are thoroughly reviewed and most updated information is provided.
- Should assist supervisors in preparing & reviewing reports.
- Adhere to Quality of 100% while producing & reviewing NAVs.
- Ensure there is NO Financial impact/loss to the organization.
- Updating required colleagues adequately on any changes/new events impacting BAU. Should be proactively escalating any relevant issues to Manager.
- Identifying the staff training requirement & ensure all the necessary training has been provided to the team members to perform the relevant tasks.
- Participating in Daily Team huddles, Weekly Team meetings.
- Develop SMEs and ensure that, the Back-up management tool is in place for all the team members.
- Enforce 100% compliance of ISAE3402. Carry out sample testing on daily basis & document the results.
- Ensure procedures are in place to effectively deal with exceptions and that they are reviewed, researched, documented and resolved in a timely manner.
- Identify the manual steps, process efficiencies & developments, by providing practical ideas on areas of improvements & work towards its automation.
- Ensure to minimize the unplanned leaves, especially during business critical days, like month end, rollover days and migration of new funds.
· Monitor the respective group mail box and respond quickly to the queries.
· Adhere to timeliness and quality as stated in SLA.
· Ensure there is NO Financial impact/loss to the organization.
· Ensure ISAE 3402 checks are understood and followed. 100% compliance is must for all NAV packs.
· Act as a back-up in the absence of other team members.
· Assist supervisor in resource planning and BAU planning.
· Continuously strive to improve the process and bring efficiency in the chain
· To share the process/product knowledge with fellow team members.
Department BC Correspondents
· Acts on behalf of, and by delegation of Department head who remain fully responsible for the department BC Plans.
· Responsible for designing, maintaining and organising BCM documentations (BIA, BC Plan, Call Tree list etc.) and testing of BC Plans and solutions (BCP testing, Call tree testing, participation in various level BCP & DR testing)
· Provide business data for analysis, design and testing stages of BC Plan
· Alerting the BCM team of any business continuity incident with potential impact to business
· Organizing an appropriate business response for your department upon confirmed crisis scenario by mobilizing the recovery teams and communicating relevant instructions, and providing regular status updates on business recovery to the BC Manager
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Ability to communicate to others in a clear, articulate fashion.
- Good team player skills
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good listening and questioning ability.
- Be able to express ideas effectively in individual and group situations
- Ability to plan work ahead and to prioritize workload.
- Ability to work in an organized manner.
- Must have an attention to detail
- Generate creative solutions to problems.
- Always looks for ways to improve services and processes.
- Be able to adapt to markets and clients evolution.
Minimum of 4-5 years of experience in Fund Accounting
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to inspire others & generate people’s commitment
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years