Associate level 1
- Standard / Permanent
- OPERATION PROCESSING
Associate level 1
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
BNP Paribas GSO is seeking a proactive and creative team player to work as an Assistant Manager of the team. The ideal candidate for this position will possess strong know how of the process and act as an effective back-up to his/her supervisor. The position will work closely with the Fund Accounting team to keep them motivated and devise continuous ways to improve the process.
- Become a SME (Subject Matter Expert) of the process by acquiring complete knowledge & understanding of NAV Calculation Processing & Review across all funds & instruments types.
- Ensure NAV calculations are produced in a timely manner as per SLA. Completeness of NAV packs includes accurate report generation, timely delivery of reports, scanning & archiving.
- Ensure all reconciliation breaks in TA, Cash & Stock are validated and justified for each calculated NAV.
- Ensuring the KPI’s are kept in Green at all times.
- Preparation of Key/Standard Operating Procedures for each process migrated to Chennai.
- Consistently evaluate the documented procedures to ensure they are complete, accurate and up to date.
- Prioritize the work and conduct investigation with due diligence on all the discrepancies.
- Carry out other ad-hoc duties may arise from time to time, mainly on month ends & year ends.
- Ensure review of critical queries before sent. Where issues/errors arise ensure detailed analysis of issues and clear understanding is gained before responding to client, spoke or other parties.
- Ensure that the Reports are thoroughly reviewed and most updated information is provided.
- Should assist Manager in preparing & reviewing reports.
- Adhere to Quality of 100% while producing & reviewing NAVs.
- Ensure there is NO Financial impact/loss to the organization.
- Manage staff on daily BAU and to take corrective measures/actions, if required. Updating required staff/team adequately on any changes/new events impacting BAU. Should be proactively escalating the BAU/Staff issues to Manager.
- Identifying the staff training requirement & ensure all the necessary training has been provided to the team members to perform the relevant tasks.
- Conducting Daily Team huddles, Weekly Team meetings and regular one on ones with team.
- Develop SMEs and ensure that, the Back-up management tool is in place for all the team members.
- Enforce 100% compliance of ISAE3402. Carry out sample testing on daily basis & document the results.
- Ensure procedures are in place to effectively deal with exceptions and that they are reviewed, researched, documented and resolved in a timely manner.
- Identify the manual steps, process efficiencies & developments, by providing practical ideas on areas of improvements & work towards its automation.
- Ensure to minimize the unplanned leaves, especially during business critical days, like month end, rollover days and migration of new funds.
· Monitor the respective group mail box and respond quickly to the queries.
· Adhere to timeliness and quality as stated in SLA.
· Ensure there is NO Financial impact/loss to the organization.
· Ensure ISAE 3402 checks are understood and followed. 100% compliance is must for all NAV packs.
· Act as a back-up in the absence of other team members.
· Assist supervisor in resource planning and BAU planning.
· Continuously strive to improve the process and bring efficiency in the chain
· To share the process/product knowledge with fellow team members.
Department BC Correspondents
· Acts on behalf of, and by delegation of Department head who remain fully responsible for the department BC Plans.
· Responsible for designing, maintaining and organising BCM documentations (BIA, BC Plan, Call Tree list etc.) and testing of BC Plans and solutions (BCP testing, Call tree testing, participation in various level BCP & DR testing)
· Provide business data for analysis, design and testing stages of BC Plan
· Alerting the BCM team of any business continuity incident with potential impact to business
· Organizing an appropriate business response for your department upon confirmed crisis scenario by mobilizing the recovery teams and communicating relevant instructions, and providing regular status updates on business recovery to the BC Manager
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Ability to communicate to others in a clear, articulate fashion.
- Good people management/team player skills
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good listening and questioning ability.
§ Be able to express ideas effectively in individual and group situations
- Ability to plan work ahead and to prioritize workload.
- Ability to work in an organized manner.
§ Must have an attention to detail
- Generate creative solutions to problems.
- Always looks for ways to improve services and processes.
- Be able to adapt to markets and clients evolution.
Minimum of 4-5 years of experience in Fund Accounting
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to inspire others & generate people’s commitment
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent