- Standard / Permanent
- OPERATION PROCESSING
Job Description – APAC
Business Line / Function:
Assistant Manager Lead
Assistant Manager Lead
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
BNP Paribas GSO is seeking a proactive and creative team player to work as of the team. The ideal candidate for this position will possess strong Financial Reporting knowledge and high exposure to IFRS and/or equivalent reporting standards. Financial Reporting Accountant plays a key role in supporting the service delivery of the Fund Administration teams and meeting clients’ statutory reporting requirements. He/she should possess knowledge in Fund Accounting, Unit Pricing, Investment Administration and Reconciliations areas and should understand the importance of accuracy in reporting. Time management and the ability to operate effectively within critical time constraints in the area are important.
The Financial Reporting Accountant prepares and produces accurate and quality reporting in line with SLA targets. He acts as an effective back up to his/her supervisor. He/she works with various teams and individuals in the operations division, enlisted with providing excellent client support and service. They deal in a pro-active and effective manner with the Fund Accounting teams and their counterparts in Sydney, Wellington and Singapore particularly overseeing, investigating and resolving complex client issues and ad hoc queries, on a timely basis.
In addition to report preparation, the Financial Reporting Accountant is responsible for understanding and implementation of the operational risk and legislative requirements of Fund Administration and BNP Paribas policies, in particular, ensuring compliance with the implementation of the Operational Risk and Control framework.
- Ensure timely completion of clients’ financial statements and regulatory reports as per standards defined and per SLA. Completeness includes accurate report generation, timely delivery of reports & archiving.
- Ensuring Green KPI’s for all reporting items.
- Preparation of Key/Standard Operating Procedures for each process migrated to Chennai.
- Consistently evaluate the documented procedures to ensure they are complete, accurate and up to date.
- Prioritize the work and conduct investigation with due diligence on all the discrepancies.
- Carry out other ad-hoc duties, which may arise from time to time, mainly on month ends & year-ends.
- Ensure review of critical queries before sent. Where issues/errors arise ensure detailed analysis of issues and clear understanding is gained before responding to client, spoke or other parties.
- Ensure that the Reports are thoroughly reviewed and most updated information is provided.
- Ensure effective incident management.
- Adhere to 100% timeliness/quality for all reporting items to avoid
- Ensure there is no financial impact/loss to the organization.
- Manage staff on daily BAU and to take corrective measures/actions, if required. Updating required staff/team adequately on any changes/new events impacting BAU. Should be proactively escalating the BAU/Staff issues to Manager.
- Identifying the staff training requirement & ensure all the necessary training has been provided to the team members to perform the relevant tasks.
- Conducting Daily Team huddles, Weekly Team meetings and regular one on ones with team.
- Develop SMEs and ensure that, the Back-up management tool is in place for all the team members.
- Enforce 100% compliance of ISAE3402. Carry out sample testing on daily basis & document the results.
- Ensure procedures are in place to effectively deal with exceptions and that they are reviewed, researched, documented and resolved in a timely manner.
- Identify the manual steps, process efficiencies & developments, by providing practical ideas on areas of improvements & work towards its automation.
- Ensure to minimize the unplanned leaves, especially during business critical days, like month end, rollover days and migration of new funds.
- Identify self and others’ training requirements and develop training plans.
- Act as a backup in the absence of other team members.
- Assist supervisor in resource planning and BAU planning.
- Continuously strive to improve the process and bring efficiency in the chain.
- To share the process/product knowledge with fellow team members.
- Monitor the respective group mailbox and respond quickly to the queries.
Department BC Correspondents
- Acts on behalf of, and by delegation of Department head who remain fully responsible for the department BC Plans.
- Responsible for designing, maintaining and organising BCM documentations (BIA, BC Plan, Call Tree list etc.) and testing of BC Plans and solutions (BCP testing, Call tree testing, participation in various level BCP & DR testing)
- Provide business data for analysis, design and testing stages of BC Plan
- Alerting the BCM team of any business continuity incident with potential impact to business
- Organizing an appropriate business response for your department upon confirmed crisis scenario by mobilizing the recovery teams and communicating relevant instructions, and providing regular status updates on business recovery to the BC Manager
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Ability to communicate (Oral/Written) to others in a clear, articulate fashion.
- People management/interpersonal skills.
- Good listening and questioning ability.
- Ability to plan work ahead and to prioritize workload.
- Ability to work in an organized manner.
- Must have an attention to detail.
- Ability to generate creative solutions to problems.
- Be able to adapt to markets and clients evolution.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Exposure to IFRS and/or equivalent reporting standards
4-5 years of experience in Financial Reporting
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to inspire others & generate people’s commitment
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3years