Assistant Manager- AML L1 (Chennai)
- Standard / Permanent
- OPERATION PROCESSING
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function :
Client Management Operations team is leveraging an integrated model; the Client Management Operations Team delivers a comprehensive range of solutions to various business lines of the Group across the globe. The services include referential data management, Know Your Customer (KYC), Due Diligence preparation (client recertification and onboarding), credit administration and post-trade client services, AML transaction monitoring and support
15 Sep 2023
Client Engagement & Protection
Business Line / Function:
AML L1 Transaction Monitoring
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Direct contribution to the Bank’s operational permanent control framework.
1. Perform ongoing AML/CTF risk monitoring on clients and account transactions covered by APAC AML Activity
and Transaction Ongoing Monitoring (“ATOM”) tool.
2. Review, analyze and dispose of ATOM alerts in accordance with predefined rules and relevant procedures.
3. Obtain and upload alert analysis results and relevant material for record keeping purposes.
4. Prioritize ATOM alerts and conclude the alerts as quickly as possible and within the indicative target timelines
without compromising the quality and completeness of the analysis.
5. Ensure escalation of ATOM alerts to Country Compliance is proper, in a timely manner and supported by
relevant information and due diligence search results.
6. Support the Head of APAC ATOM Hub to implement and execute APAC ATOM procedure and other relevant
policies and procedures of BNPP.
7. Assist in ATOM projects and user testing assessments as and when required.
8. Comply with APAC ATOM procedure and other relevant policies and procedures of BNPP as well as relevant
AML/CFT/Sanctions laws and regulations; and keep updated on latest trends of AML/CFT/Sanctions laws and
regulations, and industry best practice.
9. Collaborate and work in tandem with team members of APAC ATOM Hub and relevant stakeholders.
10. Be supportive and adoptive to changes of procedures and scope of works.
11. Meet the QA requirements and the expected daily alert disposal volume. Notify the Head of APAC ATOM Hub in a timely manner when backlog is foreseeable.
1. OPC: Contribute to the Operations Permanent Control framework
2. CUSTOMER SERVICE: Monitor turnaround times and operational efficiency. Resolve customer complaints and
3. CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: Support MO to address ultimate client needs and resolve customer
complaints if any.
4. INFORMATION MANAGEMENT: Preparation and submission of MIS and reports to management as required
and disseminate information to the Team
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
At least 7 years’ experience in banking /financial industry or handling AML transaction monitoring and
· A good understanding of corporate banking and trade finance transactions.
· Familiar with international AML regulations and sanctions.
· Good communication skills and eager to learn.
· Proactive and alert to AML risks.· Analytical and with an investigative eye for accurate details and red-flag situations.
· Ability to work in a team as well as independently.
· Ability to write concisely and clearly; and to produce clear constructive advice under pressure and within
· Must evidence an attention to detail and have an investigative and questioning nature.
· Must have strong interpersonal skills, a flexible, collaborative and team-oriented approach to problemsolving and an ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, and preferably with some
experience of dealing in multiple countries in APAC region
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited institution (e.g. ICA or ACAMS). Post-graduate degree
or law degree may be a plus.
· Asian language capability is desirable, but not essential
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Communication skills – oral & written
Ability to synthetize / simplify
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 7 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)