Assistant Manager – Payroll Operations
- Standard / Permanent
- HUMAN RESOURCES
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199,000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solution Pvt Ltd:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
Job and Person Specification
Responsible for managing the payroll operations, statutory tax compliances in accordance with internal guidelines and external regulatory framework.
Roles and responsibilities:
A. PAYROLL OPERATIONS:
1. Processing of Payroll
2. Employee Reimbursements
3. Full & Final Settlements
4. Closely liaise with HR Business Partners on Payroll related matters.
5. Provide support on labour law compliances.
6. Ensure all statutory payments are done within the timelines
7. Ensure all statutory returns are filed within the prescribed due dates.
8. Ensure payroll accounting entries are correctly passed.
9. Manage the processing and recovery of staff loans.
10. Administer the Employee Share Purchase program.
B. SERVICE PROVIDER LIAISON:
1. Interact with Payroll service provider on a regular basis.
2. Ensure appropriate information flow to and from with service providers.
3. Monitor accuracy and quality provided by putting in place appropriate controls.
4. Review service periodically by seeking feedback from employees and sharing the same with the service provider.
5. Provide inputs on improvisation of service.
6. Process Service Provider invoices and ensure accuracy in payments.
C. EMPLOYEE INTERACTION:
1. Interact with Employees on all Payroll Operations related matters.
2. Resolve queries and problems.
D. RISK MANAGEMENT:
1. Comply with internal guidelines and external regulation related to Payroll Management
2. Adhere to audit and external regulatory authority requirements.
3. Highlight variances or defaults.
4. Liaise with legal and audit departments.
E. INTERNAL ACCOUNTING:
1. Ensure that the accounting entries for all the payroll transactions are correctly posted in the system
2. Adhere to the monthly accounting controls framework and provide the information to Fincon
3. Attend to internal and external audits and provide all the required information.
4. Liaise with IT for transaction processing.
F. TEAM MANAGEMENT:
1. Guide and set objectives for the subordinates
2. Review performance.
3. Counsel on career opportunities.
G. STAKEHOLDERS MANAGEMENT:
• Internal: Employees
• External: Consultants, External Service Providers, Statutory Authorities
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Knowledge of Income tax, professional tax, Industrial Law
• Knowledge of internal policies, procedures, guidelines & compliance
• Interpersonal skills
• Managerial skills & delegation
• Team Management
Candidate Requirements for the role:
1. At least 5-7 years of experience in managing end to end India payroll profile for large organizations.
2. Preferably having experience of working with MNC Banking Captive / Financial Services Institutions under HR Shared Services model
3. Very good communication & presentation skills.
4. Knowledge of Excel / advance Excel.
5. Confident & Mature
6. Ability to deal with pressure and complexities.
Education Background: Graduate / Post Graduation in HR / Finance
Preferred Industry/domain experience: BPO/KPO/BFSI service delivery function.
Technical knowledge & Skills: MS Office Preferably in HR Tools such as PeopleSoft, PeopleDoc, Peoplemine, SAP etc.
Behavioral Skills/Competencies: Agile, Good Leadership skills, Strong communication, Multi-Tasking, Team player, Ability to deliver within timelines