Assistant Vice President
- Standard / Permanent
- OPERATION PROCESSING
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, European Union’s leading bank with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 10000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is the European Union’s leading bank and key player in international banking. It operates in 65 countries and has nearly 185,000 employees, including more than 145,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main fields of activity: Commercial, Personal Banking & Services for the Group’s commercial & personal banking and several specialised businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment, and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, the Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, BNP Paribas has four domestic markets: Belgium, France, Italy, and Luxembourg. The Group is rolling out its integrated commercial & personal banking model across several Mediterranean countries, Turkey, and Eastern Europe. As a key player in international banking, the Group has leading platforms and business lines in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific. BNP Paribas has implemented a Corporate Social Responsibility approach in all its activities, enabling it to contribute to the construction of a sustainable future, while ensuring the Group’s performance and stability
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
About Business line/Function:
Team performs Fund Accounting for various clients across several locations with 24 x5 coverage. The process includes Transactions input, Reconciliation, Fund valuation, Cash processing, Reporting & Transfer Agency with intraday deadlines. Accurate and timely reporting of NAV to the end client is the key objective of the team.
Assistant Vice President – Fund Administration
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
4 – 5
Directorship / Registration:
This role being recruited for is a very senior high profile position, which will involve working closely with the current Functional Head. The candidate for this position will be responsible for Fund Accounting Operations
Head of the Department (HOD)
- Responsible for overall BCM Programme of your Department to ensure their business continues when BCP is invoked. (BCM strategy, solution, documentation, Testing etc.)
- Ensure Business Continuity requirement is integrated with all relevant processes, as applicable
- Can delegate the same to their nominated department BC Correspondent
- He / She will be expected to run the operational areas on a day-to-day basis for team of 50 -75 FTEs.
- The Candidate will be expected to work closely with the Functional Head and Managers within FA as well across Securities Services locations to support ops transformation and business growth
- The role requires very strong Organizational and People Management skills
- Solid technical understanding of Fund Accounting / Fund Services functions is expected.
- Previous experience of running a large Operational area on an International basis is essential.
- Demonstration of commitment to continuous process improvement is required.
- The Candidate will report to the Functional Head and Respective Managers would be reporting into this position.
- The position interfaces with other Senior Managers, Business Analysts, Business Managers, Relationship Managers, Clients and other Securities Services Offices in Europe and Asia.
- The position interfaces with International Team Members of BNP Group and its Clients or Vendors
- Effective and Strong Communication Skill required for this leadership role
- Candidate should preferably have exposure to client presentation for new business bid
- Direct involvement in integrating new business & actives that will be transferred from other BP2S locations to Chennai in the coming months and years.
- Grow the Chennai team according to plans
- Develop strong working relationships with a network of counterparts in other Securities Services Locations and senior Management.
- Ensure high level of communication network is established will all the departments within the business group.
- Ensure that, client issues/concerns are addressed and resolved within the agreed timelines.
- Ensure high level of service has been delivered to the Clients of BNP Paribas Group.
- Ensure all the deliverables of the process are met and maintained as per the service agreement.
- Defining the Key Performance Indicators for the process and achieving the same on a regular basis.
- Ensuring the delivery of quality services to clients with consistent green KPIs
- Manage and reduce operational risk, error costs must not exceed 1% of NBI
- Continue to develop a strong layer of Middle management and succession planning
- Prioritise the work and conduct investigation with due diligence on all the discrepancies.
- Manage staff to take corrective measures/actions.
- Delegating the tasks to the Senior Managers and other team members.
- Ensure all the necessary training is been provided to the team members to perform the relevant tasks.
- About 10+ years of Audit, Control, Risk or similar experience, in banking industry preferred
- Knowledge of specific BNP Paribas/Securities Services Control processes and tools
- Process to maintain and update Key/Standard Operating Procedures for each process migrated to Chennai Hub.
- Continue to ensure sufficient Risk & Control process are in place
- Continually working towards process improvements and efficiency savings and optimisation of costs
Department BC Correspondents
- Acts on behalf of, and by delegation of Department head who remain fully responsible for the department BC Plans.
- Responsible for designing, maintaining and organising BCM documentations (BIA, BC Plan, Call Tree list etc.) and testing of BC Plans and solutions (BCP testing, Call tree testing, participation in various level BCP & DR testing)
- Provide business data for analysis, design and testing stages of BC Plan
- Alerting the BCM team of any business continuity incident with potential impact to business
- Organizing an appropriate business response for your department upon confirmed crisis scenario by mobilizing the recovery teams and communicating relevant instructions, and providing regular status updates on business recovery to the BC Manager
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Overall 15 years plus experience with at least 10 years+ in FA Domain
- End to End exposure in Fund Accounting Stream with knowledge of Mutual Fund, Pension Fund, Hedge Fund Accounting
- Basic knowledge of upstream teams like Middle office, Pricing, Corporate Action, TA etc.
- Interest and Experience in FA Operational Transformation
- Business Migration Expertise
- Must have handled Business Continuity Exercises
- Resources Hiring and Training Skill
- Internal and External Audit Management
- Re-engineering of Legacy Processes
- Adequate understanding of FA System Data Flow
- Ability to work in an organized manner.
- Generate creative solutions to problems.
- Always looks for ways to improve services and processes.
- Be able to adapt to markets and clients evolution.
- Be able to express ideas effectively in individual and group situations
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Ability to manage a project
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 15 years