Assistant Vice President – OTC Derivatives
- Standard / Permanent
- OPERATION PROCESSING
Job Description – AVP, OTC Derivatives
Business Line / Function:
Head of OTC Derivatives
Number of Direct Reports:
2 to 3 Managers/AM’s
Directorship / Registration:
Manage the Trade Processing including trade capture, settlement and valuation for BNP Paribas. Assist to expand the team as the business in Chennai grows.
- Manage Transaction management operations team with trade capture, settlements and Valuation.
- Assist Head of Department to expand the team as the business in Chennai grows.
- Interact with both internal and external parties to resolve the escalated queries.
- Will be required to take a lead role in project work, where the team takes on new funds and clients on a regular basis
- He / She will be expected to manage the functions on a day to day basis, in conjunction with the Team Managers
- Solid technical understanding of the OTC Derivatives lifecycle management is expected, including strong knowledge on transaction management.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous process improvement is required.
- Must be a hands individual
- Will be required to interact on a regular basis with other BP2S offices in Europe and Asia
- Ensure that, client issues/concerns are addressed and resolved with in the agreed timelines.
- Ensure high level of communication network is established will all the departments within the business group.
- Ensure high level of service has been delivered to the Clients of BNP Paribas Group.
- Prioritize the work and conduct investigation with due diligence on all the discrepancies.
- Manage staff to take corrective measures/actions.
- Ensure procedures are in place to effectively deal with exceptions and that they are reviewed, researched, documented and resolved in a timely manner.
- Delegating the tasks to the assistant managers and other team members.
- Ensure all the necessary training is been provided to the team members to perform the relevant tasks.
- Ensure that, the Back-up management tool is in place for all teams.
- Ensure all the deliverables of the process are met and maintained as per the service agreement.
- Participate in Cross Training and ensure the Knowledge transfer between the team and processes is happening on periodic basis.
- Consistently evaluate and update documented procedures to ensure they are complete, accurate and current.
- Preparation of Key/Standard Operating Procedures for each process migrated to Chennai Hub.
- Ensure all the KOP/SOP are got approved and signed between the locations and been uploaded to BNP intranet site.
- Collating the data from all the applications and providing valuable inputs to Senior Management.
- Consistently evaluate and update documented procedures to ensure they are complete, accurate and current and should acts as an owner of all the process documents of the Hub.
- Carry out regular staff appraisals and evaluations.
- Manage Risk, Escalation protocol and work closely with Risk/ORC teams. Remediation measures for identified risk.
- Manage staff, Performance management. Succession planning.
- Documentation – Compliance on documentation requirements for Business.
- Excellent communication. Strong verbal and written English Communication Skills
- Ability Manage Big team. Work under pressure.
- Detail orientation, service commitment, and solid organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment, prioritizes multiple tasks, and meets strict deadlines.
- Strong awareness of Risk & Control.
- Flexibility to meet Business/BCP and ERS requirement.
- Must be able manage team activities and when required also be involved in project work for the migration of new funds and clients.
- Integrity, trust & fairness
§ Client Focus:
§ Leadership & influence
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
§ Integrity, Ethics and Values
§ Collaboration and Partnering
§ Ability to review data and scenarios and make good decisions in a timely fashion
§ High energy levels, communication skills, team work and persuasiveness
§ Confident and self-motivated
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Ability to synthetize / simplify
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to inspire others & generate people’s commitment
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 10 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)