Associate Business Analyst
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
Atlas2 is a fast and flexible accounting and financial reporting system. The system is available 24×7 and operates in a batch and real-time mode processing. Data from the General Ledger is extracted and provided to other areas such as the Bank of England Reporting system, Head Office reporting, Management Information system and Nostro Reconciliation systems as well as to reporting tables enabling direct user access.
jGestab is a migration project to Address Technology Obsolescence of the current Gestab’s Paradox Tool by migrating to the new proposed platform written in Java/Angular. It is a part of the Connect Plus Flagship Program.
Gestab is a Paradox tool which stores and manages Parameters for Atlas2 Tables and provides Functional Control for Parameters required for Atlas2 Tables.
Associate Business Analyst/Associate Level 1
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
· The Business Analyst is responsible for understanding the business needs and how to achieve the best results for the business, writing detailed requirement specifications by analyzing specific business processes and user requirements, testing deliverables and workarounds to meet client objectives.
· The Business Analyst will serve as an integral liaison between technical and the user group, ensuring that support and development undertaken by the department are in line with business requirements.
· The Business Analyst should assist any functional discrepancy observed in Production on priority.
Day to Day activities include –
o Analyzing the requests sent by users to check integrity of the table updates.
o Coordinating with User to understand the requirement.
o Checking the impact of the changes in business.
o Updating the reference data tables using Corel Paradox.
o Loading the changes in various test and pre-production environments.
o Executing existing UNIX job sets and analyzing in case of any issues/errors.
- Analysis of the requests received and objectively recommend solutions based on evidence collected during analysis from document analysis, business process descriptions, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Implementing and updating the Business data in the Core Banking Application through Reference Data Management application & JIRA (ticketing tool)
- Assess options for process improvement, including business process modeling
- Maintain documentation regarding various projects, processes and operations
- Ensure requirements are suitable to ensure delivery of a solution that meets the business need
- Assist Technical team in functionally analyzing the already existing reports/JIRA and identifying iteration metrics.
- Provide linkage between the all stakeholders and participants regarding the requirements throughout the life cycle of JIRA development.
- Effectively communicate and influence key stakeholders to support proposed strategies, process improvements and operational decisions
- Ensure the business need and requirements will be met by the proposed solution
- Respond to changing organizational priorities. Manage change requests relating to the project plans to meet the agreed deadlines.
- Provide end-to-end delivery of Project releases for various regions.
- Collaborate with project managers and cross-functional teams and assists with project planning where required. Provide project support when necessary.
- Resolve conflict and issues when necessary and mitigate risks ensuring project success.
- Production Support – A BA would be involved in providing the functional analysis to the incidents or any discrepancy faced in A2 production. Support would be extended for a problem ticket study and testing.
- Information Requests – Assist in extraction requests and feasibility study of the new request raised.
- Perform various administrative tasks including status reports, time recording, etc.
- Perform any special duties as assigned by the team lead.
- Adhere to processes and practices outlined by the organization.
- Prepare reusable templates for faster delivery.
Performance Parameters for the Role:-
- Clear and crisp user requirements, Well-articulated documentation
- Building rapport, confidence and trust in User groups and other stakeholders
- Production Support and Information request support
- Foresight and anticipation of risks
- Functional design and delivery, Testing and Quality checks
- Production incidents assistance
· Excellent Verbal & written communication
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· Experience in Banking / Finance / Support operations (preferably Accounting/Finance/Payments/Trade/Back-Office Operations).
· Good Communications Skills with good client facing skills
· Good grasping skills for Functional Specifications.
· Hands-on knowledge of use of MS Office- Word, PowerPoint and Excel (all versions)
Knowledge of SQL, Unix and working in Microsoft Excel on ticketing tools
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Should be able to work in a multi-cultural setup with different teams
- Dynamic, Proactive and Teamwork oriented
- Flexible attitude, Ability to perform under pressure and work in SLA driven environment
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work
- Ready to work in Shifts.
· Ready to work from Office Hybrid Mode
· Preferably bachelors plus relevant IT knowledge
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Communication skills – oral & written
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Attention to detail / rigor
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 1 year
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
1. Good communication skill, both spoken and written
2. Good interpersonal skill
3. Strong will to succeed and overcome challenges
4. Self-driven and independent, with good initiative.
5. Focus on value creation.