Associate Level 1 – Market Data Administrator
- Standard / Permanent
- OPERATION PROCESSING
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
Financial Operating Platform :
Strong presence in 32 countries across the globe with a proven track record of delivering quality service, within the expected Turn Around Time ( TAT) and with ability to challenge Status Quo and share Best Practices
1. Vendor Set up and modification
2. Processing of Invoice
3. Processing payments
4. Processing of staff claims as per the expense policy of specific locations.
Market Data Administrator
Financial Operating Platform
Business Line / Function:
CIB ITO QE
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
- Work as Market Data Administrator under the responsibility of Market Data Administration Competency Center India Lead Manager
- Main tasks that will be performed in the Competency Center:
- Invoice analysis
- Accruals/deferrals process
- Request management
- Inventory management
- Actively contribute to the operational success of Market Data Administration Competency Center in India.
- Invoice analysis.
· Check all the market data invoices with the conditions of the contracts via the MDM database using the AIP module.
· Follow-up with suppliers and finance on unpaid invoices.
· Manage finance tool to ensure invoice is booked and is redirected to the correct approval workflow in order to have it paid.
· Providing allocation key to finance.
- Accruals/deferrals process.
· Accruals/deferrals process imposed by Finance for ‘market data’ respecting the strict deadlines.
· Provide a quarterly report to Finance with a split of the market data costs towards the different cost centers.
- Inventory management.
· Maintain the MDM database with the most up to date user lists and contracts based on the input received from the business, the Global Market Data Procurement team, the market data exchange team or from the market data suppliers.
· The goal is to have a global inventory system that provides a view on the total market data cost of the BNP Paribas Group.
- Request management.
· Manage all requests for ‘market data’ accesses and indices, site-fee based licenses, etc…
· Respecting Business cost approval procedures & using RPM.
- Communicate upstream and downstream with appropriate messages.
· Regular reporting on the BAU tasks to the MDCC India lead manager.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent academic background to at least degree level.
- Good Knowledge and understanding of the finance systems and invoices process.
- Results driven & detail-orientated – delivers high quality, and high impact work.
- Strong organizational skills – ability to multitask and prioritize based on potential impact.
- Capacity to analyze issues, prioritize based on potential impact, synthesize findings and communicate them in an effective manner; ability to rapidly propose solutions to solve them.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to liaise in a professional manner with all levels of staff / management.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and hands-on approach.
- Proven ability to work autonomously.
- Languages: Hindi, English. French will be a real advantage.
- Market Data, Administration or Finance & Accounting background.
- Project Management – previous experience in being part of large and/or diverse projects.
- Market, product & business –Is genuinely interested in financial markets and continually learning and staying abreast of new developments.
- Powerpoint / Excel skills – very proficient in use of such tools.
- Knowledge of Calero MDSL third party cost management software (MDM) or equivalent tool would be a plus.
- Client focus – sees stakeholders as well as internal clients as “customers”.
- Drive for results – delivers high quality work.
- Corporate role model, integrity & ethics – Acts with discipline and high ethical standards.
- Team player & cross-cultural awareness – works effectively in a team. Communicates and shares information and solutions with colleagues, with other teams and stakeholders.
- Communication (Active listener and clear communicator) – Communicates clearly, both verbally and in writing. Communicates pro-actively with management, escalating issues as necessary.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Masters Degree in Business Administration
Communication skills – oral & written
Ability to synthetize / simplify
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)