Asst Manager APAC 2LOD
- Standard / Permanent
- FINANCE ACCOUNTS AND MANAGEMENT CONTROL
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions
About Businessline/Function :
The Accounting Control team performs a key role in maintaining the quality of the accounting control environment that underpins the Finance reporting processes: Group Head Office reporting, Statutory reporting, Regulatory reporting and internal Performance Management reporting for the Regional platform.
The objective of the AC Level 2 control team is to provide independent assurance that Level 1 controls (i.e. controls that are performed to ensure the accounting data is complete and accurate) are properly executed and that Group, CIB and local accounting control policies (inc the minimum control standards defined in the Standard Accounting Control Plan) are implemented appropriately. This Level 2 control framework includes periodic detailed testing of the documented controls that underpin the Regional accounting ledger balances and specific testing/review of balances and processes in accordance with the BNP Paribas control policies.
The role will require regular interaction with other Finance teams in Region and Mumbai and other control functions and provides the role holder with a broad view of the activities and processes in the Finance function and other functions on which Finance is dependent.
Finance Shared Services
Business Line / Function:
AVP – APAC L2 Controls
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
- Contribute to the performance of 2nd level accounting control of BNP Paribas entities in Asia Pacific.
- Drive the account owner sign-off and first level accounting control certification process
- Managing a team to handle simple to complex accounting issues and controls
- Perform and document accounting controls and analysis
- Contribute to the automation of certain accounting control processes and the standardisation of booking schemes among entities.
- Managing a team of people; setting up the team, responsible for the career and personal development of the team.
- Managing and ensuring smooth client relationship
- Contribute to the performance of 2nd level accounting controls on a list of key areas defined by the BNP Paribas Standard Accounting Control Group Plan, including deal and position reconciliations, nostro reconciliations, manual entries, dormant accounts, risk rating and provisioning, intercompany reconciliation, internal deals, FX sell-down etc.
- Identify system / control deficiencies and propose solution to improve the accounting control environment
- Ensure that the Accounting Control Repository Database is updated with the changes in accounts, controls and ownership
- Based on the Accounting Control Repository Database, generate and release the Account owner sign-off and first level control certification packages
- Monitor account and 1st level control sign-off and escalate problems identified.
- Contribute to the preparation of the “Entity Control Reports” that provides Chief Financial Officers with an overview of accounting control outcome on a monthly basis.
- Monitor Accounting Control outcomes through key performance and key risk indicators
- Prepare ad hoc control memo upon request when an issue is identified.
- Ensure the good coordination with the Regional Financial Reporting team, in particular whenever an accounting issue needs to be addressed
- Full ownership of handling the audits and inspections (mainly from Head Office and Regional Finance)
- Responsible for migration of any new role, that is planned by the BNPP management
- Contribute to BNP Paribas operational permanent control framework.
- Report incidents and accounting issues.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Accounting degree or equivalent
- 4 to 6 years for AM and 6 to 8 years experience for Manager on accounting audit or accounting control
- Banking (mandatory)
- IFRS knowledge (Preferable)
- Solid understanding of financial instruments and developed skills in analysis of business supporting processes from accounting control perspective
- Knowledge of Investment banking products
- Strong organizational skills, rigorous, and self-disciplined
- Attention to detail and commitment to maintaining a strong control environment
- Good communication skills, (i.e. writing, listening, presentation)
- Advanced technical skills (i.e. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Former audit experience or experiences on the accounting controls within a Finance function in Banking and Financial Services (mandatory)
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- MS Excel (at least intermediate)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Communication skills – oral & written
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Master Degree or equivalent
4-6 years for AM
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)