AVP – Fund Accounting
- Standard / Permanent
- OPERATION PROCESSING
Job Description – APAC
Assistant Vice President – Fund Administration
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
This role being recruited for is a senior SME position, which will involve working closely with the current Functional In-charge. The candidate will be responsible for Fund Accounting production
- Solid technical understanding of Fund Accounting / Fund Services functions is expected.
- As a subject matter expert, he / she will be expected to review FA production on a day-to-day basis.
- The Candidate will be expected to work closely with the Functional In-charge and Managers within FA as well across Securities Services locations to support ops transformation and business growth
- Previous experience of part of a large Operational area on an International basis is essential.
- Demonstration of commitment to continuous process improvement is required.
- The Candidate will report to the Functional In-charge and this will be an IC role.
- The position interfaces with other Senior Managers, Business Analysts, Business Managers, Relationship Managers, Clients and other Securities Services Offices in Europe and Asia.
- The position interfaces with International Team Members of BNP Group and its Clients or Vendors
- Effective and Strong Communication Skill required
- Candidate should preferably have exposure to client presentation for new business bid
- Direct involvement in integrating new business & actives that will be transferred from other 2S locations to India in the coming months and years.
- Participate in growth of the FA India team according to plans
- Develop strong working relationships with a network of counterparts in other Securities Services Locations and other stakeholders.
- Ensure high level of communication network is established will all the departments within the business group.
- Ensure that, client issues/concerns are addressed and resolved within the agreed timelines.
- Ensure high level of service has been delivered to the Clients of BNP Paribas Group.
- Ensure all the deliverables of the process are met and maintained as per the service agreement.
- Defining the Key Performance Indicators for the process and achieving the same on a regular basis.
- Ensuring the delivery of quality services to clients with consistent green KPIs
- Manage and reduce operational risk, error costs must not exceed 1% of NBI
- Continue to support to develop a strong layer of SME’s within the team.
- Prioritise the work and conduct investigation with due diligence on all the discrepancies.
- Ensure all the necessary training is being offered to the team members to perform the relevant tasks.
- About 10+ years of Audit, Control, Risk or similar experience, in banking industry preferred
- Ability to understand specific BNP Paribas/Securities Services Control processes and tools
- Process to maintain and update Key/Standard Operating Procedures for each process migrated to India.
- Continue to ensure sufficient Risk & Control process are in place
- Continually working towards process improvements and efficiency savings and optimisation of costs
Department BC Correspondents
- Acts on behalf of, and by delegation of Department head who remain fully responsible for the department BC Plans.
- Responsible for designing, maintaining and organising BCM documentations (BIA, BC Plan, Call Tree list etc.) and testing of BC Plans and solutions (BCP testing, Call tree testing, participation in various level BCP & DR testing)
- Provide business data for analysis, design and testing stages of BC Plan
- Alerting the BCM team of any business continuity incident with potential impact to business
- Organizing an appropriate business response for your department upon confirmed crisis scenario by mobilizing the recovery teams and communicating relevant instructions, and providing regular status updates on business recovery to the BC Manager
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Overall 15 years plus experience with at least 10 years+ in FA Domain
- End to End exposure in Fund Accounting Stream with knowledge of Mutual Fund, Pension Fund, Hedge Fund Accounting
- Basic knowledge of upstream teams like Middle office, Pricing, Corporate Action, TA etc.
- Interest and Experience in FA Operational Transformation
- Business Migration Expertise
- Must have handled Business Continuity Exercises
- Resources Training Skill
- Internal and External Audit Management
- Re-engineering of Legacy Processes
- Adequate understanding of FA System Data Flow
- Be able to express ideas effectively in individual and group situations
- Ability to work in an organized manner.
- Generate creative solutions to problems.
- Always looks for ways to improve services and processes.
- Be able to adapt to markets and clients evolution.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 15 years