AVP – Operational RISK Officer – ISPL
- Standard / Permanent
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
RISK ORM ISPL mandate is to independently challenge and supervise the operational risk management framework of ISPL activities as described in level 2 procedure – Organizational framework and governance for Operational Risk Management & Permanent Control Framework, and to support RISK ORM APAC teams in their mission. This includes control framework adequacy checks, independent challenge, and proximity with the business and contribution to the sign-off process on key decisions.
Due to the global and regional models applied by the BNPP business lines present in ISPL and in APAC, the role covers as well the contribution to reviews, control testing, analysis and reports carried out under the supervision of the RISK ORM APAC regional teams.
Operational RISK Officer – ISPL (AVP)
ISPL RISK ORM
Business Line / Function:
Head of RISK ORM ISPL
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The APAC Independent Control Testing Team within RISK ORM ISPL is part of the transversal control testing team dedicated for APAC activities with the key role to give support to the APAC RISK ORM. This role specifically relate to overseeing Functions (HR, Brand & Communication, CSR, Tax, Procurement, as well as Legal, Compliance and Finance for the risks under RISK ORM purview), local Territories activities not covered by the business lines RISK ORM teams (e.g. General Administration, Business Continuity Management, etc.) & Management Reporting. This is to enable the RISK ORM CIB APAC team to provide relevant RISK and Senior Management (Regional / Local & Central) a synthetic, transparent, exhaustive, and consistent front to back view of Operational Risk across Functions & transversal activities within the region.
Direct Responsibilities GOVERNANCE AND RISK MANAGEMENT
- Work in close co-ordination with the Head of Governance & Transversal ORM APAC, as well as the APAC Territory RISK ORM teams to provide Territory and Regional management with a consolidated view on operational risk profiles.
- Ensure the establishment and comprehensive execution of generic control plan(s) defined for each activity by the RISK ORM CIB APAC team covering Transversal control testing team activities.
- Alert and report on the level of risk, risk mitigation or any situation requiring management attention.
- Check and challenge the crosscheck between accounting and the operational risk database 360HI produced by LoD1.
- Perform independent testing on LoD1 controls for Functions (HR, Brand & Communication, CSR, Tax, Procurement, as well as Legal, Compliance and Finance for the risks under RISK ORM purview) and local Territories activities not covered by the business lines RISK ORM teams (e.g. General Administration, Business Continuity Management, etc).
- Check and challenge the Risk and Controls Self-Assessment (RCSA) produced by 1st line of defence before validation by the management for the areas under purview.
- Quality Review of the incidents lodged under Functions or local Territory scope.
- Peer review of management reporting & other operational risk tasks executed by RISK ORM ISPL staff supporting the Governance & Transversal ORM APAC team.
- Leverage on new technologies / new tools (e.g. data analytics) to enhance our analysis and decision framework
- Manage 360 Risks Op tool and other tools of Ops risks
- Peer Reviews of various Dashboards (KPIs, Independent testing roadmap) for RISK ORM APAC and Territory level management dashboards
- Prepare the supporting presentation decks for CIB APAC Internal Control Committee and RISK ORM internal meetings
- Contribute to the RISK ORM APAC transformation by proposing innovative ideas and continuously improve the way of working for efficiency.
- Work and automate various manual RISK ORM reports using excel macros or other tools.
DEVELOP PARTNERSHIPS (WITH BUSINESS, FUNCTIONS, TERRITORIES, GROUP FUNCTIONS AND RISK)
- Further improvement to communication, sharing of information and culture
- Broadcast of news / essential info within RISK ORM APAC (e.g. progress status, etc.)
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Experience in operational risk and knowledge of operational risk management framework
- Proficiency in the use of computer applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Familiarity in use of Tableau, PowerBI or other data visualisation tools
- Familiarity with banking IT systems
- General Risk Management Awareness
- Knowledge of CIB-metier, products and processes
- Risk Identification, Risk Monitoring, Risk Mitigation, Risk Reporting Techniques and systems
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to share / pass on knowledge
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 10 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
.Bachelor Degree or equivalent
• Prior experience in operational risk, internal audit or external audit.
• Prior experience or practical understanding of Front/Middle/Back Office, Operations or Functions