Business Analyst – ALMT IT FO
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
About BNP Paribas Group:
“BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centered on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporate and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region”.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
· ALMT function is responsible for Asset Liabilities management and treasury activity of BNP Paribas.
· It also handles Bank’s funding needs and risk management activities.
· ALMT IT is a Deal Capture & Deal Processing Application catering to IT demands of ALMT functions within the bank.
Business Analyst / Senior Business Analyst
Mumbai – NKP
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Current position is under ALMT IT FO team scope to contribute in individual capacity as an IT Business Analyst.
- Work with different stakeholders to understand business requirements.
- Create functional specifications for developers and testers.
- Co-ordinate with test team to assist in test planning and test case verification.
- Contribute to release testing (UAT / Pre-Prod) and implementation.
- Provide functional assistance to other team members.
- Participate in peer reviews of Functional Specs.
- Conduct user training sessions on applications and functionalities
- Train others in order to ensure knowledge sharing and backup.
- Provide functional support for analyzing production & non-production issues whenever required.
- Ensure all activities carried-out and solutions proposed, planned and delivered are compliant with Organization and Project policy guidelines.
- Contribute towards innovation, suggest new technical practices to be investigated
- Contribute towards initiatives to improve processes and delivery
- Contribute towards recruitment efforts – both for the team as well as for the organization
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· Experience as a Business Analyst in an IT company in the Finance domain.
· Knowledge of Treasury functions and business processes along with knowledge of Capital Market activities & Financial Products (especially Money Markets and Forex products)
· Strong knowledge of Trade Life Cycle.
· Strong knowledge of Front Office Trade Processing/Deal Capture system.
· Ability to explain business requirements easily and translate them into functional requirements.
· Capability to understand and analyze complex IT application and financial product structures
· Excellent documentation ability
· Experience with software development life cycle phases and activities.
· Have experience in preparing functional specifications, test scenarios and test specifications
· Experience with UAT and Test Case validations.
Nice to have Skills:
· Knowledge of KondorPlus front-office product.
· Knowledge of SQL and any database query tool.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Choose an item.
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)