Business Analyst – Operational Accounting Schema and Chart of Accounts
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
CoA OAS Team is a part of FSS Transformation Office under Finance Shared Services
Business Analyst (Senior Associate/Assistant Manager)
Finance Shared Services (FSS)
Business Line / Function:
FSS Transformation Office
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The Analyst supports the application of the accounting policy in North America Region (NAR) Finance General Ledger (LAP) to meet financial and regulatory requirements.
OAS / CoA Responsibilities
· Application of the accounting policy in North America Region (NAR) Finance General Ledger Chart of Accounts. This includes the definition of Operational Accounting Schemas throughout product lifecycle for new products, businesses, source systems and/or new accounting standards and validation of accounting in our General Ledger.
· Standardize accounting schemas within NAR Finance and coordinate alignment of the General Ledger’s accounting schemas across common products with London/Group.
· Establish a governance process for maintenance of the Operational Accounting Schemas, effectively monitor changes to existing schemas and update and maintain the Operational Accounting Schema library accordingly.
· Remediate inconsistencies in the General Ledger across accounts, products, legal entities and source systems.
· Analyze and document business requirements for modifications to the Chart of Accounts and propose solutions based on the published data model standard.
Business Analyst Responsibilities
· Elicit, analyze, and document user requirements and business processes.
· Develop functional specification requirements for IT development.
· Define, test and execute the migration strategy.
· Define and implement the framework of first level controls.
· Manage issues and escalate effectively.
· Ensure on-time quality delivery of projects assigned.
· Liaise with cross-functional teams (business groups, IT and PMO organizations) in New York, New Jersey, Montreal, Mumbai, London and Paris.
· Detail-oriented approach with problem solving mindset and ability to work independently.
· Ability to effectively challenge and apply professional skepticism with the goal of providing strategic solutions.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to explain complex issues clearly and concisely to audiences of varying technical or accounting levels.
· Ability to work effectively in geographically dispersed cross-functional teams.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
· Qualified CA / CMA / CPA / ACCA / MBA (Finance)
· Atleast 3 years of work experience in the field of accounting and / or accounting systems (I.e. upstream to general ledger) and implementation in the financial services industry
Technical knowledge and Skills
· Comfortable with basic office tools (MS Word, Outlook)
· Excellent knowledge and use of MS Excel
· Strong technical accounting background in the financial services industry.
· Experience working with accounting of complex financial products (Ex: Derivatives, Forex, Fixed Income, Equities, Trade Finance etc.) with deep understanding of product lifecycles and associated accounting events.
· Experience in Business Analysis (Accounting) and Application Testing (General Ledger) in financial services industry.
· Knowledge and experience in drafting Operational Accounting Schema for financial products.
· Knowledge in Chart of Accounts.
· Knowledge of accounting standards – IFRS and US GAAP are both of interest.
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Master Degree or equivalent
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Qualified CA / CMA / CPA / ACCA / MBA (Finance)
3 to 7 years of work experience in the field of accounting and / or accounting systems (I.e. upstream to general ledger) and implementation in the financial services industry