Cortex FX Senior Test Engineer
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
The Global Markets (GM) business of BNP Paribas helps its Corporate and Institutional clients leverage capital markets across the globe for their financing, risk management and investment needs. This encompasses a wide range of financial products ranging from Foreign exchange to complex Equity Derivatives that are traded in financial markets across the globe 24/7. IT systems are integral to the business and are a key part of the value proposition to clients. These IT systems range from industry standard products for standard process automation to internally developed, often, market leading IT applications. The IT teams owning these IT systems are made up of functions that include Technical and Application production support, Business Analysis & Project Management, Development & Maintenance and Quality Control. BNP Paribas India Solutions is an equal partner in these IT functions along with colleagues in other locations including Paris, London, New York, Tokyo, Singapore & Hong Kong. This partnership ranges from sharing the IT work load, executing global strategy to owning global applications offshore. The technology and engineering landscape is wide, encompassing almost all techniques and platforms. It continues to evolve and transform with the market with the business continuing to invest in it.
Senior Test engineer
Global Markets IT
Business Line / Function:
GM IT testing
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
· We are looking for an Automation tester who has deep-dive hands on experience in developing or designing test automation scripts on Selenium using any programming language. The successful candidate will be able to – contribute or design high quality, innovative and fully performing framework in compliance with coding standards and technical design. Participate in the testing process through test review and analysis. Along with this candidate should also contribute in manual testing and regression testing .Good collaboration with Onshore and Offshore teams. Should have minimum 4+ years of experience only in the automation testing. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Work under immediate supervision.
· Should have good knowledge on selenium with any programming languages (Java/C#/Python) and should have hands on experience in selenium automation
· Should be able to support design and maintenance of automation test framework
· Should be able to support automation test design, maintenance, execution, and analysis of test report.
· Document Test results and follow-up with development team for resolving issues.
· Should be able to perform all testing related activities in the project
· Should be able to perform manual testing on both functional and regression aspects as per requirement
· Should be good in defect raising and detect retesting as well
· Should have knowledge in any test management tools (ALM/JIRA/TFS)
· Ability to work within tight deadlines.
· Must have good analytical skills.
· Collaborate with Onshore and Offshore teams
· Providing regular status update to team lead and onshore during daily calls
· Quick Highlight of any issues/risks to offshore and onshore teams
· Maintain quality of deliverables
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· Should have good knowledge in Selenium with any programming language (MUST HAVE)
· Nice to have good knowledge in Web Services or API Automation Testing and Database Automation testing.
· Should have good communication skills
· Should have good knowledge in Test Management Tools HP ALM, JIRA and TFS
· Should be able to perform Manual Testing like Functional and Regression Tests
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to inspire others & generate people’s commitment
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
B.E or equivalent