Data Governance – Data Division
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Job Description – APAC
Data Governance Engineer
FUNCT&TVL – Data Solutions Division
WMIS IT HUB
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Provide a brief description of the overall purpose of the position, why this position exists and how it will contribute in achieving the team’s goal.
Wealth Management (WM) has embarked on a multi-year transformation project to upgrade its data platform and introduced fit for purpose solutions across the spectrum. This transformation is in particular driven by a specific strategic data plan, aimed at developing both Business and IT capabilities regarding data management, data quality and data analytics/ data science
Under the functional responsibility of DCIO for Wealth Management
The Data Governance Engineer position is a new role to fulfill the functional and technical demands of the data governance agenda. This position will play a crucial role in driving our Data Quality agenda using appropriate data management tools such as Collibra or Informatica. You will be part of a dynamic team where you will be working very closely, in an Agile structure, with software engineers, technical analysts, architects and other technical leads.
· Work very closely with Data Governance Lead to execute the Data Governance Implementation and Integration Use Cases leveraging on Collibra.
· Implement technical tools and platform for operationalizing Data Quality framework including Business Glossaries, Data Profiling and Data Dictionaries.
· Working knowledge of data protection and privacy standards including the GDPR, ePrivacy Directive , PDPA, CCPA etc.
· Strong knowledge in developing business process workflows, Collibra DGC, Collibra Connect Administration and Configuration.
· Building workflows using Collibra Core APIs and integration of Collibra with other systems using REST APIs, Java, Python, JSON, XML, and SOAP.
· Experience in building integration flow in Collibra using Collibra Connect/direct integration/ Collibra DGC workflow methods. Knowledge on mulesoft mapper to convert data required by DGC.
· Building efficient, scalable and quality data pipelines with monitoring and alert mechanisms that combine a variety of sources using ETL/ELT tools or scripting languages. Key role to build data lineage for the data in WMIS.
· Work closely with project teams to define data security and update Data Access Framework, managing the RBAC matrix.
· Assess latest market trends and industry best-practices regarding Data Governance.
· Collibra Developer or Ranger Certified or similar certification is preferred.
Mandatory Technical Competencies
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a data governance systems in a bank.
- Must have 3 years of subject matter expertise in data management tools such as Collibra, Informatica EDC, AXON and working experience in SQL, Tableau or Power BI.
- Working knowledge on Collibra’s Data Governance Center (e.g., import, export, workflow, API, installation, integration, operating model configuration, …)
- Working knowledge on cloud platforms like IBM Cloud, Azure or similar.
- Understanding of Datawarehousing concepts – data modeling, data architecture, and data ingestion methods and practices.
- Data Modelling design covering Landing-Base-Quality-Transformed, Dimension (SCD), Facts, Star Schema
- Experience with REST/API.
Strong SQL background with many RDBMS such as: SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres
Knowledge of NoSQL DB.
Experience in working with Linux environment.
- Strong background testing of data controls, and detection of data quality issues.
Functional & Behavioral Competencies
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Client focused/Critical thinker and has ability to synthesize and simplify.
- Working knowledge Wealth Management preferred but not necessary
- Ability to collaborate/teamwork
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and presentation skills, including verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail.
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to accept assignments and challenges in rapidly changing environment.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
· Certifications in data quality/data management a plus
· Good understanding of Wealth Management Products and processes
· IT knowledge/background.
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to synthetize / simplify
Communication skills – oral & written
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)