ETL Informatica Developer
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centered on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function :
At PI Germany Data & Analytics we provide insights to other business lines/teams by providing a solid and stable data platform that our consumers can use. This includes our reporting solutions DAWINCI, that is maintained in the team, and Spotfire dashboards that are maintained in a business team.
Beside that we provide data for different operational systems (AML, PMS) and some data will be pushed to the website where our clients can use this data to improve their investment and trading decisions.
PI IT SOL DEV DA – Data & Analytics
Business Line / Function:
Head of Department/Manager
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The data engineer will build ETL workflows and mapplets in Informatica PowerCenter to load data from different sources into our data warehouse. Candidate will also be responsible for data exports from our data warehouse to other systems.
Candidate will ensure high code and data quality in accordance with our coding and architecture guidelines and our best practices.
· Implementing user stories, thus translate business requirements into code
· Transform business needs into data models and Informatica PowerCenter workflows
· Work on incidents on a 3rd level basis
· Optimising of code and SQL queries
· Create or modify data models (data vault, relational, multidimensional)
· Create or modify linux shell scripts
· Create of modify UC4 (automic) jobs
· Support testers to get high quality solutions
· Support the transition of the developed solution from development environment into production
· Work actively together with architects to improve data warehouse architecture
· Support creation of technical requirements, in particular non-functional requirements
· Support colleagues on technical issues, i.e., mentoring/coaching
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
– Degree in business informatics, computer science, engineering or comparable and several years of professional experience
– At least several years of experience in data warehousing and data modelling
– Know how of data warehouse architectures and modern concepts of data processing
– Deep know how and understanding of ETL processes and Informatica PowerCenter
– Expert know how in database programming with SQL and PL/SQL (or comparable procedural database programming language (e.g. T-SQL))
– Basic knowledge of banking economics (banking, trading, investing; products and transactions)
– Working in an agile environment with Scrum
– Very good English skills in words and writing
Specific Qualifications (if required)
– Data Engineer Level 3 CODE DDDE3 (please refer to attached skill matrix line 134)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Communication skills – oral & written
Ability to synthetize / simplify
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Bachelor Degree or equivalent