Functional Support – Senior Application Support Analyst – APS
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
For 150 years, BNP Paribas Wealth Management has been committed to protecting clients’ wealth, developing it, and eventually passing it on to their loved ones. We deliver tailor-made experience, with outstanding attention to detail and expertise from precise local knowledge to the global know-how that we access from the Group. Our goal is to create a new wealth management experience fit for a world where digital interactions have come to enhance human ones. Wealth Management Investment Solution Hub (WMIS Hub) provides a global IT solution for BNP Paribas Wealth Management where we develop, maintain and evolve IT applications which fits to the specific needs of BNP Paribas Wealth Management business users.
Senior Application Support Analyst
Chennai / Bangalore
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Part of BNPP Wealth Management APS (Application Production Support) in ISPL, the position is created to handle Application Support activities. Candidate will provide support for WM Core Banking Application (Olympic) and related interfaces. He will play a major role in handling Incidents, BAU service requests, end-users queries, and Application Support activities in shifts.
As a team member of APS , Candidate will:
· Provide L2 Application support to end-users
· Ensure that unresolved tickets are escalated to appropriate individuals/teams based on established guidelines and procedures
· Provide a high level of customer services and maintains customer’s trust and confidence by creating positive customer relationships
· Adhere to Service Level objective target and roadmap
· Maintain / Enrich knowledge articles.
· Assist on DR, BCP exercise and patching cycles
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Qualification & Experience:
· Total 7+ years of overall experience.
· This is a core banking functional Support position, the candidate is expected to support/trouble shoot the issues/queries raised by the Middle/Backoffice Operations users who primarily use our Core Banking Application (Olympic) for their BAU.
· Candidates must have total 5+ years of in supporting banking products (Equities, Bonds, Fixed Income, Loans, Deposits, Foreign Exchange) mainly in post-trade, settlements/payments, corp. actions etc.,
· Candidates must have total 5+ years of in supporting Core Banking application with functionally good knowledge on general ledger and general accounting schemes of financial products
· The candidate must have knowledge on SQL queries & data analysis to perform the trouble shooting of issues raised by our Wealth Management Operations users.
· Strong critical thinker with problem solving approach.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Willingness to continually update and enhance skills
· High level of persistence, can-do attitude & pro-activeness
Good to Have
· Olympic / Midas knowledge
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to inspire others & generate people’s commitment
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 7 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)