ITG Ops – PI Germany L1 Support
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centered on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function:
PI Germany IT is accountable for managing Personal Investors Germany Information System covering ADM (Application Development and Maintenance), Application Production Support, Architecture and transversal CIO Office Functions for the 3 Business lines B2B, B2C and WM PB.
Within BNP Paribas Group IT, teams are organized in several divisions called “OPS” which are each responsible for a business line.
The current position is to be filled within a mutualized team covering PI Germany IT OPS:
· PI Germany
This team is leveraging common tools and frameworks to provide standardized IT services to the business applications.
ITOps/L1 Support Engineer
Business Line / Function:
ISPL ITG OPS
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The ISPL OPS team is being built to take IT production activities to the next level. Leveraging BNP Paribas Paris teams’ expertise and ISPL IT skills, the goal is to enable applications flawless production and support.
The PI Germany IT team is meant to provide a set of added value technical services to PI Germany business users, contributing to major IT challenges including infrastructure obsolescence management and infrastructure security updates, & L1 support.
The PI Germany/L1 Support Responsible for the operative and administrative organization of business processes as well as the conception and further development of IT systems.
Responsible to operate PI GY IT infrastructure in Production 24*7.
The position is primarily oriented towards technical support actions; however some coordination activities are also in the scope of the team to provide an end-to-end service.
To meet these challenges, the ISPL support team will be using BNP Paribas procedures and processes defined by Paris teams or jointly defined with ISPL teams.
A strong relationship is also to be built between the ISPL support team and dedicated business lines’ teams.
The team’s scope will be expanded in the future beyond the first set of described activities depending on business applications needs and the overall BNP Paribas IT organisation.
· Server – and application operation o Implementation of described changes from ticket system by changing server or application configuration (Change Mgmt.) o Implementation of changes and applying of restart procedures which are indicated by monitoring system (Incident Mgmt.) o Patching of operating systems and middleware as part of regular system lifecycle (Obsolescence Mgmt.) · Coordination (of cross-team activities) o Escalation of major issues to 2nd or 3rd Level support o Documentation of activities in tickets and dispatching in case multiple specialists are required o Calling of 2nd and 3rd Level support on-call by providing technical status information o Coordination and control of external service providers · Documentation of daily business by creation and adjusting of maintenance procedure documentation and knowledge bases · Efficiency o Optimization of daily operation by simplifying processes o Automation of daily operations by using existing technology or introduction of new one • Reporting o Alignment and escalation to the line manager as part of his/her activities, in particular incident management and problem management. o Attendance of incident calls and regular team meetings • Security o Implementation of hardening guidelines o Supervision of server configuration o Adjustment of server configuration triggered by Vulnerability Mgmt. process
o Management / supervision of all events
o Identification of “false alerts” and application of corrective measures
o Development or requesting of new monitoring probes to identify new error cases
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· Knowledge of ITIL
· General IT infrastructure knowledge
· Familiarity with support for operational issues
· Familiarity with compliance with norms & standards
· Familiarity with database technology is required: Oracle and SQL Server. Capability to execute basic scripts and queries
· Good written and spoken English
· Measure and identify areas for improving Quality and overall Delivery
· Able to communicate efficiently
· Good Team Player
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Ability to share / pass on knowledge
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)