ITG Ops – Production Engineering
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function :
BNP Paribas IT teams are providing infrastructure, development and production support services to all applications used worldwide by all business lines. There is a great variety of technologies and infrastructures from legacy systems to cutting edge Cloud technologies.
Within BNP Paribas Group IT, teams are organized in several divisions called “OPS” which are each responsible for a business line.
The current position is to be filled for Payments OPS.
This team is leveraging common tools and frameworks to provide standardized IT services to the business applications.
Business Line / Function:
ISPL ITG OPS PS Manager
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The ISPL mutualized OPS team is being built to take IT production activities to the next level. Leveraging BNP Paribas Paris teams’ expertise and ISPL IT skills, the goal is to enable applications flawless production.
The mutualized OPS team is meant to provide a set of added value technical services to 4 business lines, contributing to major IT challenges including infrastructure obsolescence management and infrastructure security updates, thus building a secure and stable production environment.
The ITOps/Production Engineer for the mutualized OPS team will be primarily responsible for technical upgrades, actions on applications infrastructure and some security-related actions, including security and obsolescence patching, server decommissioning, access requests management, etc.
The position is primarily oriented towards technical actions; however some coordination activities are also in the scope of the mutualised team to provide an end-to-end service.
To meet these challenges, the mutualized OPS team will be using BNP Paribas procedures and processes defined by Paris teams or jointly defined with ISPL teams.
A strong relationship is also to be built between the mutualised OPS team and dedicated business lines’ teams.
The team’s scope will be expanded in the future beyond the first set of described activities depending on business applications needs and the overall BNP Paribas IT organisation.
- Execute requested actions based on defined procedures and processes:
- Deploy OS & middleware security patches
- Deploy OS & middleware technical patches
- Decommission non used servers and middleware
- Grant accesses based on roles and with prior validation
- Execute other technical actions
- Coordinate above actions with other teams, especially Paris OPS & worldwide application development teams.
- Contribute to the knowledge transfer with Paris OPS teams
- Contribute to the definition of procedures and processes necessary for the team
- Help build team spirit and integrate into BNP Paribas culture
- Contribute to the regular activity reporting and KPI calculation
- Contribute to continuous improvement actions
- Contribute to the acquisition by ISPL team of new skills & knowledge to expand its scope
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Knowledge of ITIL
- General IT infrastructure knowledge
- Particular knowledge and experience with RedHat Linux, Windows, AIX, WAS, CFT and MQ Series
- Experience with system scripting
- Familiarity with DevOps tooling DevOps (Gitlab, Artifactory, Jenkins, SonarQube, Mattermost, Ansible, …)
- Familiarity with Autosys
- Familiarity with database technology is required: Oracle and SQL Server. Capability to execute basic scripts and queries
- Good written and spoken English
- Measure and identify areas for improving Quality and overall Delivery
- Able to communicate efficiently
- Good Team Player
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Ability to share / pass on knowledge
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)