ITG ServiceNow Developer
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, European Union’s leading bank with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 10000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is the European Union’s leading bank and key player in international banking. It operates in 65 countries and has nearly 185,000 employees, including more than 145,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main fields of activity: Commercial, Personal Banking & Services for the Group’s commercial & personal banking and several specialised businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment, and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, the Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, BNP Paribas has four domestic markets: Belgium, France, Italy, and Luxembourg. The Group is rolling out its integrated commercial & personal banking model across several Mediterranean countries, Turkey, and Eastern Europe. As a key player in international banking, the Group has leading platforms and business lines in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific. BNP Paribas has implemented a Corporate Social Responsibility approach in all its activities, enabling it to contribute to the construction of a sustainable future, while ensuring the Group’s performance and stability
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
IT GROUP is the IT of BNP PARIBAS Group.
IT GROUP Direction defined and deploy IT strategy at global scale, insure overall consistency of global system of information and work on mutualization of technological choices and methodology.
IT Group Direction do the coordination of all the Direction of Functions and Businesses of the bank, help to deploy the IT strategy defined for the group and adopt the tools and innovative technologies, secured and with the high added value for their clients (Cloud, Artificial intelligence and robotic, data management, blockchain,…)
Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore
Business Line / Function:
ISPL ITG ServiceNow Manager
ServiceNow Platform Owner
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Due to its digitalization acceleration, BNP Paribas decided to deploy valuable ServiceNow modules around ITSM usage.
In this context, we hire 7 ServiceNow Developers, reporting to both ISPL ITG ServiceNow Manager and the ServiceNow Platform Manager in ITGP.
The role includes technical development and project technical support missions in collaboration with the ServiceNow team in both Paris, Mumbai and Chennai
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated and skilled candidate to join a very dynamic company and work in an exciting environment.
The Developer is responsible of implementing user stories defined by business analyst, packaging User story in Releases, providing technical advice during workshops design, deploying releases in integration and maintenance activities of ServiceNow Business Platform into non-production environments.
- Advice technically business analyst and product owner during workshops design with customer
- Develop user stories from projects backlog in accordance with prioritization and timeline
- Participate to sprint demos, planning and retro organized by scrum master
- Develop stories by keeping the Out of the box as much as possible
- Develop unit tests associated to technical components and recommend relevant improvements and technical documentation.
- Supports the entire development lifecycle of the platform workflow especially the release management process.
- Provide technical support as a project team member when needed.
- Participate in the building of Automated Test Framework (ATF)
As a technical expert:
- for incidents, propose, develop, and validate technical patches into non-production environment.
- Identify issues and help come up with solutions that deliver better value to the customer.
- Strive to make the ServiceNow solution more profitable through reduced costs and increased revenues.
- Providing coaching and mentoring to all colleagues, transferring skills and expertise as required.
- Manage quality review (review of code done for all the developments done by ITG)
· Manage continuous improvement of all automation possible (Instance Scan, Healthchecking,…)
· Contribute to the knowledge transfer with Paris ServiceNow teams
· Contribute to the definition of procedures and processes necessary for the team
· Help build team spirit and integrate into BNP Paribas culture
· Contribute to incidents analysis and associated problem management
· Contribute to the regular activity reporting and KPI calculation
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· Experience with ServiceNow ticketing system especially, ITSM, AppEngine, CSM, Service Portal, Automated Test Framework, CMDB.
· Familiarity with UI, SQL, HTML and CSS
· Experience in unit test management
· Experience in Data mapping (CMDB)
· Experience in Agile project
· Knowledge of XML and structural programming concepts
· Knowledge of ITIL – Experience on handling Incident / Problem / Change
· General IT infrastructure knowledge
· Good written and spoken English
· Able to communicate efficiently.
· Good Team Player
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills – oral & written
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 2 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
ServiceNow certification is preferred