Java API Developer – CX & My Wealth
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centered on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporate and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
A new role is open within the CX & myWealth Division – API Developer for Java/Web development team.
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
We are looking for an API developer who works within Customer Experience Division. The candidate will work closely with multiple teams, including Digital Channels, Enterprise Architecture, Infrastructure and other business and technology teams to ensure solutions are aligned with overall strategy.
– Produce API and Interface documentation and specifications
– Plan, develop, organize, build and test service and API integration services
– Participate in Peer reviews of the code written by the team
– Write test cases to ensure the quality of the written APIs
– Operate under minimal supervision
– Effectively manage multiple priorities
– Ensure that risks and issues are escalated to your management
– Work with BA and Tech lead to understand functional requirements and provide technical solutions
– Coaching and/or exchange solutions to the developer Chapter
– Contribute to support activities
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or computer engineering
- At least 2+ years of hands-on experience on API development
- 4+ years of experience as software engineer in the following domains:
- Java EE including (Web Services, REST, JPA)
- Spring, SOA, Design patterns
- Database (SQL & No SQL)
- Knowledge and experience with CI/CD tools
- API usage in Mobile applications
- Strong Java technical Expertise
- Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Proven/previous experience with CI/CD, DevOps and Agile.
- Hands-on experience on API related activities: requirement analysis, design, resource-based API modeling, micro-services architecture
- Knowledge about API design standards, patterns and best-practices
- Hands-on experience in API security standards and implementation
- General banking knowledge or Banking knowledge related to Private banking
- Speaking at conferences and/or user groups
- Contributing to open source projects
- Exposure to the following domains is a plus: Analytics, Mobile Technologies.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Communication skills – oral & written
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to share / pass on knowledge
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)