Linux Support Engineer
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, European Union’s leading bank with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 10000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is the European Union’s leading bank and key player in international banking. It operates in 65 countries and has nearly 185,000 employees, including more than 145,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main fields of activity: Commercial, Personal Banking & Services for the Group’s commercial & personal banking and several specialised businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment, and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, the Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, BNP Paribas has four domestic markets: Belgium, France, Italy, and Luxembourg. The Group is rolling out its integrated commercial & personal banking model across several Mediterranean countries, Turkey, and Eastern Europe. As a key player in international banking, the Group has leading platforms and business lines in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific. BNP Paribas has implemented a Corporate Social Responsibility approach in all its activities, enabling it to contribute to the construction of a sustainable future, while ensuring the Group’s performance and stability
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
About Business line/Function :
The Team IT Middleware & Frontend is part of PI Germany, IT Production – Application Services, and therefore responsible for all kind of (linux) business applications, and also some it4it- od infrastructure applications. The main responsibility is the installation, integration, troubleshooting and support of applications. Also a big part is to provide automation-solutions for the operated applications. We are a dual-located team, partly in Nuremberg and partly in Munich, and we support B2C and B2B Systems.
The team consists of several sub-teams, Application Engineering, JobScheduling, Mailing, Monitoring.
The monitoring-subteam is responsible for the whole monitoring infrastructure, based on icinga, including supporting systems like Grafana, Jenkins, Influxdb and the corresponding maintenance.
Application Management Monitoring
IT Production – Application Services
Business Line / Function:
IT Middleware & Frontend
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The monitoring-subteam is responsible for the whole monitoring infrastructure, based on icinga, including supporting systems like Grafana, Jenkins, Influxdb and the corresponding maintenance. The colleagues take care on the overall application livecycle of the monitoring systems of PI Germany, which means they are responsible for installing, upgrading, maintaining all kinds of updates, patches, hotfixes, … In addition to that, they are direct contact for all kind of requests related to the monitoring infrastructure, i.e. service requests for adding/modifying systems, or modifying checks. They also take care of the used monitoring plugins, and also the used custom plugins. In future the team also will be responsible of the monitoring of the cloud-related assets based on Dynatrace.
– Installing, upgrading, maintaining of all related software products and applications (icinga, Grafana, Jenkins, influxdb, … )
– Maintaining of the overall monitoring configuration based on ServiceNow Tickets
– Maintaining the current installation in view of obsolescence, hotfixes, updates, patches, …
– Enhancing the current installation in view of future needs or business needs
– Providing support for the corresponding teams, which work with the monitoring infrastructure, i.e. IT Operations for Monitoring issues, alerts, notifications; Application Engineering for developing new plugins or enhancing existing ones, or also application development for providing background information in case of application monitoring
– Contacting the group responsible of the cloud monitoring infrastructure for alignment on their and our prerequisites
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
– Good IT knowledge in general, mainly Linux-Knowledge is mandatory
– Advanced Linux Operating Systems (esp. RedHat Linux) Administration knowledge
– Good experience in scripting / Automation based on bash, python, perl, ansible, rundeck Jenkins
– Good troubleshooting skills and logical way of thinking
– Good knowledge and experience in different types of monitoring applications / environments, like Xymon, Icinga, Grafana, Influxdb, Dynatrace
– Base knowledge in cloud-architecture and principles (in order to support the move 2 cloud project) in kind of associated monitoring
Specific Qualifications (if required)
– Successfully completed studies in computer science or business informatics or comparable knowledge and experience acquired through practical and IT training
– Good knowledge and experience in Jenkins automation
– Several years of professional experience in the IT application management or in the support of complex IT applications
– Advanced skills in Demand management and Software-Engineering
– Working with GitLab as source code versioning system
– Advanced linguistic proficiency in English for speaking and writing
– Expert knowledge in cloud-architecture (Private-, Public- and Hybrid Cloud)
– Analytical skills
– Fundamental database technology knowledge (Oracle, Postresql, …)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Minimum level of expertise ( 1=Base … 5=Expert )