Manager / Assistant Manager – Supplier Generic Due Diligence
- Standard / Permanent
- PROCUREMENT & PERFORMANCE
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
Procurement & Performance Shared Service Centre (SSC) is a new function being setup under Chief Administrative Office & Front Office Support, with an aim of establishing the various Procurement & Performance processes supporting the BNP Paribas group from India.
Functional ISPL title: Manager / Assistant Manager
Role title: Manager / Assistant Manager – Supplier Generic Due Diligence
2 August 2023
P&P SSC – GDD
Business Line / Function:
Direct: VP1 /AVP, P&P SSC – GDD
Functional: VP1 /AVP, P&P SSC – GDD
To be confirmed
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The main objective is to assess Suppliers before and during a contractual relationship, in order to protect BNPP from financial, strategic, reputational and legal risk.
- Evaluate the risk (financial health / risk of financial failure, economic dependency between supplier and BNPP, financial security, General Data Protection Regulation, IT/Cyber-security risk, Operational risk, Corporate Social Responsibility) for existing suppliers (monitoring activity) and new suppliers (onboarding activity).
- Provide inputs to Risk Committees (gathering Group Strategic Sourcing, heads of Entities Procurement team, Compliance, Legal and Risk departments), with the objective to review the Group and Entities risk level to its suppliers by: Gathering risk evaluations of suppliers in coordination with buyers; Managing watch list changes (entries and exits); Supporting buyers in the definition of remediation plans and ensuring follow-up; Analyzing local remediation plans with Entities Procurement teams and identifying multi-entry supplier
- Support buyers by: Performing on-demand supplier risk assessments; Monitoring different alerts and information regarding the suppliers; Providing risk opinion on critical situation.
- Continuously update internal and external tools according to the risk assessments performed
- Training of new joiners by presenting the detailed operational tasks, shadow and reverse-shadow on-the-job and providing feedback and evaluations on new joiners development and evolution,
- Actively participate in the processes improvement whenever applicable.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Prior experience in KYC processes
- Basic knowledge of Fircosoft.
- 3 to 4years in Risk & Control or Compliance
- Prior experience in accounting, balance sheets review desirable.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Self-motivated, results driven, and take ownership of assigned tasks with ability to follow through
- Methodical, analytical and organized, with strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Good interpersonal skills and team player
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Communication skills – oral & written
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to inspire others & generate people’s commitment
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 7 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)