Manager – Corporate Actions
- Standard / Permanent
- OPERATION PROCESSING
Job Description – APAC
Manager – Corporate Actions
Business Line / Function:
Assistant Vice President
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
BNP Paribas GSO is seeking a proactive and creative team player to work as a SME in the team. The ideal candidate for this position will possess strong know how of the process and act as an effective back-up to his/her supervisor. The position will work closely with the Fund Accounting team to keep them motivated and devise continuous ways to improve the process.
- Acquire complete understanding of Corporate actions process & its related functions with various parties involved. For example: Transaction, Reconciliation, Nav etc.
- Become a SME (Subject Matter Expert) of the process by acquiring complete knowledge of corporate Processing & review across different types of events in funds.
- Should be able to handle & have knowledge on different type of CA such as mandatory , voluntary CA.
- Should have complete knowledge on Dividend/Coupon processing & settlement process.
- Ensure all reconciliation breaks related to CA are justified for each calculated NAV.
- Ensure corporate actions events are captured in a timely manner & reported to Nav team as required.
- Support in preparation of Key/Standard Operating Procedures for each process migrated to Chennai.
- Consistently evaluate the documented procedures to ensure they are complete, accurate and up to date.
- Carry out other ad-hoc duties may arise from time to time, mainly on month ends & year ends.
- Ensure review of critical queries before sent. Where issues/errors arise ensure detailed analysis of issues and clear understanding is gained before responding to client, spoke or other parties.
- Identifying the staff training requirement & ensure all the necessary training has been provided to the team members to perform the relevant tasks.
- Adhere to Quality of 100% while producing & reviewing corporate actions.
- Ensure there is NO Financial impact/loss to the organization.
- Ensure all events captured are justified with corporate action check list..
- Inform & document all errors identified during review stage within same day. Should take initiative in resolving any repetitive errors or training gaps.
- Act as a back-up in the absence of other team members & Supervisor.
- Identify the manual steps, process efficiencies & developments, by providing practical ideas on areas of improvements & work towards its automation.
- Ensure to minimize the unplanned leaves, especially during business critical days, like month end, rollover days and migration of new funds.
- Should come up with minimum one process improvement/automation initiative per quarter
Business & Behavioral Skills:
- Be pro-active in developing customer relations by understanding and responding to customer needs.
- Strive continually for customer satisfaction.
- Try to identify the real needs of the customer, including those not necessarily stated.
- Deliver very high quality results.
Risk and cost awareness
- Identify risks and promote risk-mitigation processes.
- Identify potential cost-savings and promote cost-efficient processes while maintaining quality and risk controls.
- Work effectively with team members to accomplish goals.
- Respect the needs of others and displays integrity in dealing with team members.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to communicate to others in a clear, articulate fashion.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good listening and questioning ability.
- Be able to express ideas effectively in individual and group situations.
Planning & Organizing
- Ability to plan work ahead and to prioritize workload.
- Ability to work in an organized manner.
- Must have an attention to detail.
Continuous Improvement and adaptation
- Generate creative solutions to problems.
- Always looks for ways to improve services and processes.
- Be able to adapt to markets and clients evolution
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Minimum of 10 years of experience in Fund Accounting
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to inspire others & generate people’s commitment
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 10 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)