Manager – Hedge Fund Services
- Standard / Permanent
- OPERATION PROCESSING
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, European Union’s leading bank with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 10000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is the European Union’s leading bank and key player in international banking. It operates in 65 countries and has nearly 185,000 employees, including more than 145,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main fields of activity: Commercial, Personal Banking & Services for the Group’s commercial & personal banking and several specialised businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment, and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, the Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, BNP Paribas has four domestic markets: Belgium, France, Italy, and Luxembourg. The Group is rolling out its integrated commercial & personal banking model across several Mediterranean countries, Turkey, and Eastern Europe. As a key player in international banking, the Group has leading platforms and business lines in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific. BNP Paribas has implemented a Corporate Social Responsibility approach in all its activities, enabling it to contribute to the construction of a sustainable future, while ensuring the Group’s performance and stability
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
About Business line/Function:
The Hedge Fund accounting team performs various activities in the NAV calculation process for clients across Hong Kong, Singapore & Ireland several with 24 x5 coverage. The process includes processing of capital activity, Reconciliation of cash/position/unsettled/FX/interest and dividends, Price verification, Fee calculation and booking in the accounting system, Investor’s allocation with intraday, weekly or monthly deadlines. Accurate and timely reporting of NAV to the end client is the key objective of the team.
Business Line / Function:
Manager / Senior Manager / AVP
Number of Direct Reports:
10 to 15 members
Directorship / Registration:
Management of NAV delivery for Hedge fund/Fund of Funds accurately and in a timely manner
– Managing delivery of accurate and timely NAVs for hedge funds, Fund of Funds and Feeder funds – with extremely high volume or / and very high complexity (having equities, bonds, future, options, CDS, EQS, etc. as holdings) by completing all of the following processes:
– Cash and position reconciliation (accounting vs PB and 3 way); with resolution of breaks
– Income reconciliation (dividends and interest)
– Manual Pricing and Pricing review
– P&L review and Tolerance checks
– Fees accrual, management and performance fee calculation and booking
– Capital bookings and reconciliation with Investor services system reports
– TB tie out and compiling NAV pack
– Managing the team and proper reporting to the Senior Management.
– Liaising with Spoke locations for Migrations, Deliverables etc.
– Participation in system development projects, process change projects, etc.
– Preparation of Management Packs.
Delivery on audit requests and resolution of all queries on a timely basis
– Ensure appropriate checks and procedures are followed to maintain high quality deliverables and to avoid internal audit and ISAE findings
– Compliance with all internal organizational and business policies
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
– Hedge fund accountings experience a must – ability to understand and resolve breaks in a hedge fund operating environment (systems, asset classes, deliverable timelines, etc.).
– Operational understanding of asset classes like futures & options, equity swaps, CDS, etc. apart from equities and bonds.
– Experience on Advent Geneva system would be preferred – an added advantage
– Excellent communication and MS office skills
– Requires to review complex hedge fund NAVs
– Team Handling & Project handling Skills
Graduates / Post Graduates (M.Com/MBA Finance preferred)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Communication skills – oral & written
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to manage a project
Ability to inspire others & generate people’s commitment
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 10 years