Manager – Risk & Controls
- Standard / Permanent
- OPERATION PROCESSING
Business Line / Function:
AVP/ Head of the Department
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Operational permanent control (first line of Defence) team works closely with business teams in order to support in and managing the operational risks, incidents, comply with group guidelines and contribute in effective completion of Risk Control Self Assessments. Additionally facilitate and/or manage the Audit coordination, contribute and/or conduct the internal governance meetings.
· Being a representative in the Operational Permanent Control Unit functioning within the organization ensure that the Group guidelines are adhered by the across the organisation. Perform regular analysis of repetitive operational risks within the organization.
· Work closely with Operational and functional Business Units in GSO to ensure that the defined controls are adhered and any deficiencies/failures are escalated to Senior Management, on time.
· Investigate the incidents recorded and perform regular follow-up with the stake holders according to the Incident management guidelines including and evaluate the effectiveness of the preventive measures proposed and implemented within the defined time lines.
· Work closely with business units in order to assess both effectiveness and efficiency of existing controls.
· Evaluate the operational risk from an internal & external fraud perspective, ensure the teams comply with group guidelines.
· Contribute to the completion of Generic Control Plan (GCP) and other Risk framework and ensure that Group requirements are met.
· Support Global OPC team in implementing the Generic control plans (GCP) to the operational and functional teams.
· Liaise with the operational and functional units in case of any information or documentation deficiencies to meet local requirements.
· Closely monitor on the implementation of recommendations issued by internal (LOD1, LOD2 and IG) and external audit, regulatory bodies, etc. Share the recommendations status report to internal, regional and global stakeholders.
· Ensure that the procedures are reviewed in regular interval by the Business units and Operation Risk Team and ensure that procedure covers the entire process and it is within the operational framework.
· Involved during the migration of new activity/process along with Project management team and review the documents such as SOP’s, existing RCSA, and Historical incidents in order to have the appropriate control framework.
· Diligently follow the proper escalation channels where required.
Identification and assessment of risks and controls (RCSA)
· Ensure that RCSA methodology is diligently followed and assessment is carried out as per the Group guidelines within stipulated time frame including LOD2 review & BU Head sign-off.
· RCSA to be completed within 3 months for all new activities/migration.
· All existing processes to be exhaustively covered during RCSA exercise. Any changes in operating model to be updated in RCSA document on ongoing basis (not later than 1 month)
· Define action plan for open risks identified during RCSA exercise and ensure action plans are implemented within the agreed timeframe.
· Ensure all the signed RCSA master copy is documented and archived in shared drive for easy reference and retrieval.
Management of Historical Incidents
· Ensures that all qualified incidents are adequately translated to operational historical incidents, and registered within Risk 360 and escalate via proper channels where necessary.
· Prepare and send the HI head’s up (within 10 business days) to the local, regional and global stakeholders.
· Incidents reported by BUs are to be completed with basic details within 30 days & closed within 60 days.
· Ensure that PMs are defined efficiently to mitigate associated risks.
· Ensure no non-compliant/ significant partially complaint incidents are reported during quality reviews with Risk ORM.
· Ensure all the required controls identified are updated in SOPs
· Ensure write-ups of various sections in BIRDIE/RISK360 are clearly articulated.
· Ensure the action plans are recorded in AURORA for significant incidents and communicated to senior management within 48 hours
· Create awareness on the risk policies and procedures to the relevant stakeholders.
o Circulation of all policies and procedures to BU Heads and Managers.
o Ensure any updates to the policies and procedures are completed within 30 days.
o Class room trainings to be conducted for the BIRDIE users / Managers atleast once in a year.
o Gap analysis of the policies and procedures to be completed with business within 3 months
· Continuous training / re-iteration of the policy requirements on the gaps identified in the understanding of the risk related requirements.
· New Joiners induction training to be conducted on Operational risk topics when required.
Reporting and other Adhoc Responsibilities
· Manage and/or provide information to deliver the Daily, Weekly, fortnightly and monthly reporting to the senior management on Incidents, Preventative Measures, aging incidents, Long-term incidents and Open recommendations etc.
· Ensure the periodically conduct the Permanent control Meeting with Operational and Functional units within organization.
· Ensure to provide the necessary information to conduct and/ or conduct the risk reporting to Management through Risk Control Committee.
· Ensure that all the necessary information’s are provided timely to the Internal Control committee.
· Provide necessary information to the Regional and global OPC communities.
· Manage and deliver all the Adhoc Tasks from Regional and Head office.
Technical & Behavioural Competencies
· Strong analytical skills, detail orientation, service commitment, and solid organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment, prioritizes multiple tasks, and meets strict deadlines.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and strong MS-Word & Excel skills required.
· Identify Operational Risk Areas within the entity’s processes or activities.
· Ability to take a global approach and good sense of risk
· Interpersonal skills and ability to negotiate
· Ability to analyses and be critical in decision making
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Specific Qualifications (if required)
· MAB/ C.A /C.A (Inter) C.S / CIA / CMA (Intermediate) pass.
· Investment banking/ Risk experience
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills – oral & written
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 10 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
- · MAB/ C.A /C.A (Inter) C.S / CIA / CMA (Intermediate) pass
- Investment banking/ Risk experience