Manager – RPC / OPC
- Standard / Permanent
- PERMANENT CONTROL
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199
000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial
Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services)
and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients
(retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them
with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International
Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has
a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About the Function :
In the context of new incoming regulations and CIB Management’s ambition for a strong governance & control framework, the GM Regulatory Permanent Control Officer primarily focuses on the oversight of the Compliance Risks but participation to other areas (Conduct or Operational Risk) may be also contemplated. The Experienced Officer operates with limited supervision from line management.
GM Regulatory Permanent Control focusing on Financial Security risk – worldwide
BUSINESS PROTECTION & CONTROL MONITORING
· Strengthen Front to End control set up through the declaration and analysis of operational risk incidents
· Contribute to determine risk reduction actions and coordinate ad-hoc global remediation plans
· Drive the Métier in the answer, follow up and closure of any internal or external recommendation
· Materialize and maintain the GM control plan from a FtB perspective and perform mapping with Functions GCP
RCSA & POTENTIAL INCIDENTS
· Deploy and maintain GM RCSA in line with Group & Regulatory requirements
· Assess and challenge the effectiveness of GM control set up against non-financial risks
· Design and maintain GM Potential Incidents
Ensure consistency with Risk ID exercise
Business Line / Function:
RPC / OPC
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
In the context of new incoming regulations and CIB Management’s ambition for a strong governance & control framework, the GM Regulatory Permanent Control Officer primarily focuses on the oversight of the Compliance Risks but participation to other areas (Conduct or Operational Risk) may be also contemplated. The Experienced Officer operates with limited supervision from line management
· Defining the most appropriate governance to design and monitor the implementation of the Financial Security 1st level controls plan, its progress, to report the control results and the related KPIs
· Coordinating the different Functions/Operations/IT teams to design the most appropriate IT controls and their KPIs
· Monitoring the progress and reporting the major blocking points in the dedicated governances (Roosevelt steering Committee, GM Financial Security, GM ICC, EMEA KYC steer co….)
· Coordinating all committees that ensure continuous adherence to the laws and notably in charge of:
o Reviewing regulatory-related control results and performance indicators
o Ensuring escalation of potential breaches
o Following-up of required remedial actions
o Analyzing impact of change of the regulation
Interacting with all relevant partners & functions to identify potential area of concern and reinforce the Bank’s setup by designing ad-hoc remediation plans or implementing IG / Supervisor recommendations having a specific regulatory focus
· Supporting the Business in mandatory certification programs
· Ensuring record-keeping and audit trail of all decisions and supporting documentation in relation to the regulatory governances
Coordinating any Group or CIB Regulatory initiative impacting GM incl. the cascading of relevant policies
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Substantial experience of Capital Market activities
- Previous position in a regulation-dedicated control team would be a significant asset
- Working experience abroad would be appreciated to interact with other regions
Recognized Project management experience with teams located across the world
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Professional level knowledge of securities and banking regulation.
- Fluent reading proficiency in English.
- Knowledge of trading and business terminology.
- 3+ years’ surveillance/compliance experience within a financial services/securities environment.
- knowledge of MS office specifically Excel.
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Communication skills – oral & written
Ability to collaborate and team work
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to adapt and develop a process
Ability to manage a project.
Ability to develop others and improve their skills.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Bachelor’s degree or higher, in banking, finance or related discipline