Operational RISK Officer – ISPL
- Standard / Permanent
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, European Union’s leading bank with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 10000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is the European Union’s leading bank and key player in international banking. It operates in 65 countries and has nearly 185,000 employees, including more than 145,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main fields of activity: Commercial, Personal Banking & Services for the Group’s commercial & personal banking and several specialised businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment, and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, the Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, BNP Paribas has four domestic markets: Belgium, France, Italy, and Luxembourg. The Group is rolling out its integrated commercial & personal banking model across several Mediterranean countries, Turkey, and Eastern Europe. As a key player in international banking, the Group has leading platforms and business lines in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific. BNP Paribas has implemented a Corporate Social Responsibility approach in all its activities, enabling it to contribute to the construction of a sustainable future, while ensuring the Group’s performance and stability
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
About Business line/Function :
RISK Operational Risk Management (ORM) Corporate and Institutional Bank (CIB) belongs to the second line of defence of BNP Paribas CIB. It belongs to the Risk Function (RISK) of BNP Paribas and is placed under the responsibility of the Chief Operational Risk Officer for CIB.
The department has responsibility for independently challenging and supervising the Operational Risk management of CIB activities (Corporate Banking, Global Markets, Securities Services, IT, Operations, Functions) on a worldwide scope. This is achieved through: framing operational risk methodology for CIB and disseminating of risk management culture across CIB; assessing the adequacy of the CIB operational risk management set-up; controlling effectiveness of CIB control environment; contributing to the detection, anticipation and response to risks; alerting CIB and RISK stakeholders on any significant risk issue; providing a consolidated view on CIB operational risks profile.
Risk ORM Officer
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The candidate for this role within the BNP Paribas Operational risk team is responsible for providing independent oversight and strategic 2LOD guidance on the Global market operation domains across both direct and indirect areas of responsibility for the CIB APAC operating entities.
RISK ORM is responsible for:
Supervision of 1st line, Independent testing, Challenge and sign-off and Governance.
Role is to be created in ISPL for strategic support of the functionality for Global Markets for RISK ORM APAC team. Regular meeting to be held to ensure consistent tasks to be performed. The role will have dual reporting line 1) Hierarchically to Head of RISK ORM ISPL, as well as 2) Functionally to Head of RISK ORM GM APAC.
Assist the RISK ORM APAC GM Team on the following activities
· Actively monitor and perform regular review for Potential Incidents and Historical Incidents
· Proactively perform check and challenge for the Operational Risk measurement & management framework & processes
· Conduct independent testing of the risk and of the control framework
· Implement and actively conduct of generic 2nd level control plan and remediation action plans for the domains under scope
· Follow up of recommendations in order to take proper mitigation of risks
· Report and escalate attention points resulting from 1st & 2nd level controls.
· Assist and advise the 1st Line of Defence in APAC on the implementation of OR framework, and ensure its compliance with Group, GM guidelines, as well as its appropriate calibration to manage key risk areas
· Proactively disseminate Operational Risk culture within the APAC community, and develop a strong partnership with LoD1 key stakeholders through regular communication and interactions
· Challenge LoD1 controls and remediation actions plans
· Participation to Steering Committees or relevant committees (such as the APAC Permanent Control Committees etc), and sign off on Operational Risk
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· 7+ experience specifically in Global market operations or operational risk management.
· Bachelor degree in Business or Risk Management (or equivalent professional qualification).
· Team player – focus on the success of the whole team. Working well both with others, as well as individually.
· Excellent stakeholder management skills.
· Good listening and analytical skills – being able to come to a thoughtful and business focused conclusion quickly.
· Ability to co-operate and work well with others adopting an approachable style – Important as we work closely with a large and diverse set of suppliers and customers.
· Ability to see the customer perspective, i.e. from a business point of view, the most secure solution is not always workable or realistic considering costs and benefits.
· Demonstrating a calm professional approach, with a good understanding of delivery within time constraints and the need to escalate/inform departmental management as appropriate.
· Adapting personal approach to suit situations, individuals, groups and cultures. Is flexible in relation to getting the job done.
· Taking accountability for their actions and be open and honest when things have gone wrong, and celebrating successes when things have gone well.
· Being rigorous and thorough – especially when logging and tracking issues through to conclusion.
· Ability to manage their workload as to meet the realistic targets and priorities set in conjunction with management.
· Demonstrating a high-level of commitment and self-motivation, combined with enthusiasm and a genuine interest in the role of Risk Assessment in business.
· Ability to express views clearly and fluently, both orally and in writing. Considers the audience, avoiding technical jargon wherever necessary and appropriate.
· Understanding of the banking industry’s regulatory requirements.
· Ability to articulate risk management concepts in business language.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
· Prior experience documenting tool requirements to support risk management.
· Proven ability to manage issues through to resolution; skilled at making judgment calls.
· Ability to successfully multitask and complete difficult assignments within deadlines which may have short lead times.
· Works iteratively, delivering quickly and frequently to produce high quality documents and outputs which require little to no rework.
· Fluent English, Asian language is a plus
· Knowledge of data analysis and visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, VBA is a plus
· Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct.
· Demonstrate proactivity, transparency and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks.
· Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making decisions, and escalate issues to your manager when unsure.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to share / pass on knowledge
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 7 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)