Oracle Database Admin
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
PERSEUS Oracle Integration Engineer
ITG FRESH – Performance Management & Liquidity Specialized Solutions
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
FRESH – Performance Management and Liquidity Solutions (PMLS)
FRESH has been created in January 2020, as a joint venture of Finance functional project teams with their counterpart ITg IT project teams. FRESH is hierarchically part of ITg, but with a very strong functional link with Finance, its sponsoring department. The main purpose of its creation is to align the efforts of Finance and ITg and accomplish the delivery of projects in the most timely and cost effective way.
PMLS is one of the main departments in FRESH covering Liquidity and Performance Management streams.
Perseus Oracle Application Integrator
ITG – FRESH
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
- Purpose: Responsible for the Maintenance and configuration of the PERSEUS application which is a BNP Paribas group Performance Management application used to store and generate all group wide financial reporting using Oracle databases.
- Scope: ISPL based PMLS IT team. Responsibility for the IT maintenance and enhancement of PMLS applications
Perform the analysis around the application, writing technical specifications (use case/ requirement) on new needs and requirements
Provide Operational and technical support, incident analysis and monitoring.
- Planning and planning operations
- Incident monitoring
- Administering and maintaining databases in operational condition
- Oracle performance analysis
- Providing technical support to users
- Optimization of SQL procedures
- Staying abreast of technological developments and proposing areas for improvement
- Automating and providing database management tools
- Guaranteeing data availability and quality
- Implementing backup systems to ensure the integrity of all database data
- Ensuring that backups are made in accordance with the strategy defined by each business line
- Making version changes, managing obsolescence
- Updating documentation on database structure and operating procedures
- Ensuring technological monitoring in order to maintain the suitability of performance and database specificities for meeting needs
Assess and deploy innovative solutions which permit the simplification, automation or optimization of database costs
Automating recurrent database administration tasks (installation, updating, extension, copying, anonymisation, decommissioning, etc.)
Implementation of database performance visualisation tools
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- 3+ years’ experience on Oracle database administration and knowledge of Oracle engine
- Able to Size the server and parameters
- Ensure data availability and quality by maintaining and improving performance and functionality
- Monitor the statistics of the access performance to the objects of the database in order to ensure tuning.
- Manage version migrations.
- Knowledge of N-tier architecture: Presentation/Application layer, Business layer and Data access layer.
- User support
- Respond immediately to incidents that limit database performance or access to information.
- A positive and collaborative attitude.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of Performance Management
- Interest in finance topics
- Knowledge of DevOps
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- BE/BTech Degree
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Communication skills – oral & written
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)