Performance Steering – PM Synthesis Analyst
- Standard / Permanent
- FINANCE ACCOUNTS AND MANAGEMENT CONTROL
About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals – Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
ISPL FSS is set up as a Shared Service Centre and works on an Extended Plus model, within a defined governance structure. It is a Global hub and delivers services to CIB Finance teams across the geographies. It is organized by 6 work streams and provides services across 29 countries. Performance Management within Finance Shared Services is responsible for accurate and timely management accounting, reporting and budgeting activities.
Sr. Associate / Assistant Manager /
FSS PS PM Synthesis
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The jobholder will be responsible for financial analysis, reporting, forecasting and budgeting for the CIB business line as well as for BNP Paribas Group. Jobholder will be ensuring that the assigned Revenue and expense management accounting and reporting is accurate and completed on a timely basis. Candidate will work to ensure the accuracy of transactional level details calculates and reports cost of risk charged to investment-banking activities and reports revenue and expense at the client, business and contract levels. All local reporting is performed in accordance with relevant and applicable instructions, requirements within the deadlines set forth, with complete audit trail to follow.
Management Accounting & Control Functions
- Act as a key liaison between several key department stakeholders
- Manage / perform reconciliation and control checks between revenues/expenses in management accounting & financial accounting systems
- Manage / perform adjustments in management accounting system for correct management reporting
- Ensure monthly reporting (Flash/Actuals) & other related management reporting (Cost of Risk/European Central Bank reporting/etc) to Head Office are completed within pre-set deadlines
- Prepare monthly management reports & other related management reporting within pre-set deadlines
- Work closely with regional Meter PMs / Country PMs and Head Office Finance in analysing business performance
- Manage the production process of budget and forecast exercises following HO and Regional PM guidelines
- Provide analysis and response to questions raised by HO Finance / Regional Finance / internal management
- Ensure the figures reported are accurate and compliant with Head Office Management Accounting rules and principles
- Update, maintain and advise on monthly system parameters & referential (i.e. mapping tables) for management reporting
- Manage adhoc assignments as requested by HO Finance / Regional Finance / internal management.
- Perform sanity checks / high-level reviews of monthly and quarterly reports, raising questions to the senior reporting analysts for further investigation
- Review process documents and keep the procedures for production of all reporting tasks up-to-date
- Analyze and understand the results reported by the local/regional finance departments in order to ensure the quality and completeness of the data.
- Elaborate and delivery on time the systems feeding and reports to Group Finance, CIB Management and Coverage members.
- Provide CIB Management and Group Finance with analysis of CIB and Non CIB data (explanation of variations, normalization of the results to isolate scope / one-off items) in order for the Group to communicate adequately monthly and quarterly results and for CIB Management to take strategic decisions.
- Increase the accuracy of the process thanks to controls and strict supervision. Be responsible of the right application and provide evidences of the outputs of these controls.
Projects, Systems Support, Operational Process Improvements
- Assist in identifying process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to increase the team’s efficiency and effectiveness
- Participate in the upgrades / version releases of respective reporting tools, as well as system amendments / enhancements required to facilitate new / modified reporting requirements. In connection with this effort, assist in user acceptance testing and trouble-shooting after deployment.
- Help formulate system enhancements for operational process improvements in production, control procedures and workflow to increase efficiency and effectiveness. Assisting in integrating and streamlining reporting under the team’s responsibility.
- Provide cross-training to colleagues and perform specific duties as assigned (e.g. coverage for colleagues
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- 3/7 years of experience in a global financial services company
- Prior accounting, management reporting experience desirable
- Excellent PC skills; ability to learn new systems quickly
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (formulas, pivot tables, charts, and graphs)
- Working knowledge and understanding of Smartview/Essbase and MS Access desirable
Specific Qualifications (if required) : CA / MBA Finance