Production Engineering – Payments
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function :
IT Group Production department is the worldwide reference for IT production services in the BNP Paribas Group, and OPS Payment Services Group works with IT Payment Services department witch is also the worldwide reference for payments in the BNP Paribas Group. We are working on the many applications used worldwide using various technologies and working in Agile methodology. But it is also several services to deliver direct value to the bank’s customers.
Application Production Support
Date: 8 October 2023
Business Line / Function:
Payments and Cash management
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The APS position is to reinforce the OPS Payment Services for BNPP IT Group Production.
OPS objectives are to :
Ensure application production, quality and stability for the business lines;
Support development teams to secure and accelerate project delivery;
Modernize teams and modes of operation to both frame and operate the conditions of consumption of infrastructure services for the benefit of applications and advise businesses in the adoption of technologies in line with their application needs.
OPS are organized into application domains, aligned with the IT Business Line organization. This organization allows the specialization of multidisciplinary OPS teams by business heritage, the end-to-end accountability of OPS on application production both for maintenance in operational conditions and for projects/ evolutions.
· Responsible for monitoring production environment and act proactively to prevent application disruption or crash and performance issues
· Responsible for resolving support issue by using his technical expertise and flexible enough to look for solutions that may be out of the box
· Handling ITIL methodologies such as Change, Incident, Problem, and Service Management to address the production activities
· Monitoring night batch and ensuring reports are generated well and transferred to the client by adhering the SLA defined
· Monitoring the recurrent incidents, perform problem management and escalate to the next level of support or development team when required
· Coordinate with Infrastructure teams on events of patching & upgrade of servers to ensure the applications are stable and running after the infrastructure work
· Responsible for STG/QUAL/PROD deployment and validation,
· Analyzing/documenting problems, recommending solutions and initiating corrective action
· Providing coaching and mentoring to junior colleagues, transferring skills and expertise as required.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Skills required – At least few from below on Java
· 2+ years of experience in Application Production Support (technical and functional)
· Knowledge on banking application will be preferable
· Person must have expertise on Linux and/or Windows OS
· Hands on knowledge in MS-SQL/SQL/Oracle
· Able to understand the Stored Procedure logic
· Knowledge of Dynatrace would be good
· Having technical and/or functional knowledge in Cash Management (collecting and managing cash flows / clearing / swift / cutoff …) would be appreciated
· ITIL certified
· Resource should be comfortable in working shifts – morning/evening/general, oncall weekends and holidays.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills – oral & written
Ability to share / pass on knowledge
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Linux / Windows OS