Project Manager – 2S Sydney APS
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function :
The below requirement is for APAC APS under BNP Paribas Securities Services provides fund administration services by assisting our clients in clearing , settlement and custody of all asset classes for our clients. Our clients are Operations in Asia Pacific region who serve clients of Investment Banks, Brokers, Dealers, Large corporate and government organizations.
Business Line / Function:
IFS Sydney APS
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The below requirement is for 2S APAC Services, a major arm of BNP Paribas Securities Services provides fund administration services by assisting our clients in clearing , settlement and custody of all asset classes for our clients. Our clients are wide spread in Asia Pacific region which include Investment Banks, Brokers, Dealers, Large corporate and government organizations like NSDL. The position is for a Support Manager who has the following capabilities and exposure to support processes.
The Scope of Sydney APS IT support team are as follows
· Incident Management : Day to day IT incident management and support of the HFS landscape
· Request Management : Service requests raised by users
· Change Management : Transition of projects and change to BAU and support new releases
Problem Management: Identifying permanent fixes to the production incidents
Role Summary :
- Minimum 10-15 years of overall experience and exposure to project management
- Ability to lead a team comprising of 10 to 20 members
- 16/5 Production support handling technical teams and functional support for HFS applications.
- Should be flexible to cover, extend and mobilize shift resources in emergency / crisis situations
- Ensure availability of the team by preparing shift plans, weekend and holiday coverage.
- Ensure the team is delivering the BAU without any deviation
- Adhere to the support standards and guidelines
- Ability to support Problem Management , Change Management and Incident Management by following Service operation and Service Transition recommended by ITIL and internal processes
- Inclination to understand new and upcoming application/business functionality
- Understand Business and Management expectations and ensure timely delivery of the requirements.
- Demonstrate leadership capabilities to scale up the team and drive new initiatives.
- Provide On call support for the team members
- Interact with the Onsite Stakeholders on addressing key issues and driving new initiatives.
- Should be able to identify Service improvement opportunities in the supported applications or processes.
- Ability to challenge and question wherever required.
- Understand client , business and project needs and assist with long term solutions aligning to the organization goals
· Should be a SPOC for the shift and take complete responsibility for the deliverables.
· Oversight on service incidents and request tickets to ensure SLA adherence
· Escalation point of contact for the team and stakeholders.
· Have a strong Customer Focus in order to provide a professional support service to both internal and external cliental.
· Initiate constant knowledge sharing to eliminate key dependencies.
· Maintain and Review support related documents like Run Book and other support process documents.
· Monthly review and maintenance of the Skill Matrix and Training plans for the team.
· Flexible approach to working hours and adhere to the support requirements
· Has to perform root cause analysis or route to appropriate teams, recommend procedures and controls for problem prevention.
· Ensure knowledge on new Technology / Process / Changes / Development is up to date
· Refer and maintain Knowledge base and share experience with support team members
· Excellent problem solving skills in order to diagnose, evaluate and resolve complex problem situations
· Use business and application knowledge to investigate issues raised and assist in the production of Incident reports, which form part of the shift handover.
· Perform shift lead role to have an Oversight on the deliverables and ensure effective shift handover is executed by the team
· Follow New Joiner orientation procedures to mentor new members.
· Develop and ensure strong succession plan
· Support the governance process defined and suggests improvement for better controls.
· Ability to understand and support audit requirements.
· Ensure the team members adhere to the mandatory requirements like Timesheets, Laptop patching, Mandatory trainings.
· Perform application access review and initiate access removal for leavers and movers.
· Identify opportunities and encourage new ides in the team for improving the support efficiency.
· Maintain Monthly KPI and conduct Sydney Service Review with APS stakeholders
· Provide inputs for the Sydney Quarterly Review to ADM stakeholders and represent the meeting
· Provide Technical / Functional support and act as an SME using expertise
· Develop the team as a techno functional team by cross training
· Conduct weekly team meetings and track action plans
· Ensure weekly 1-2-1 meetings with the onsite stakeholders to provide key updates
· Ensure monthly review and key KPIs are delivered on a timely basis.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate the key competencies detailed below to the standard required for the role.
Competencies required; 1 – essential, 2 – desirable
§ Good Attitude – 1
§ Good Aptitude – 1
§ Adaptability: 1
§ Results and quality orientation: 1
§ Communication: 1
§ Customer focus: 1
§ Decision making: 1
§ Team work: 1
§ Innovation and continuous improvement: 1
§ Technical expertise: 1
§ Leadership : 1
· SQL Server / PL SQL
· Windows Server Infrastructure
· Visual Basic or VBA (Preferred)
· Investment services industry / Funds Administration
· Basics of Banking.
Basics of Banking or Capital Markets (Investments and Fund Accounting)
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Communication skills – oral & written
Ability to share / pass on knowledge
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to manage a project
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 10 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Graduate in any discipline (Computer Science preferred) with a good background of software development with a minimum IT experience of more than 10 years