SA – SMS
- Standard / Permanent
- FINANCE ACCOUNTS AND MANAGEMENT CONTROL
Description – External
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
Financial Accounting and Reporting team is a team with expertise in :
1. Financial reporting through IFRS and FGAAP, including reporting for complex entities/products and taxation
2. Financial accounting for various structured products/entities including Statutory Financial Statements preparation
3. Consolidation of financials including intercompany reconciliation and global CIB Intercompany coordination
Associate Level 1
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Business Line / Function:
Finance Shared Services
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The Financial Accounting team is primarily responsible for month end closing along with providing oversight and control over day-to-day transactions, operations and activities required for the daily activities, including the recording of revenue arising from transactions from various activities including Global Market activities and Financing activities.
Accounting & Control Functions
· Prepare and book daily/monthly entries (Accrual, MTM booking, etc.)
· Enforce controls and ensure that balance sheets are in balance; prepare balance sheet reconciliation schedules.
· Prepare reconciliation between source and general ledger and identify gaps.
· Review daily transactional account activity/daily ledgers for posting errors and back-value transactions
· Review ledgers and perform account and transaction analysis for a set of entities.
· Analyze, reconcile, and review all accounts under their responsibility by performing a variance analysis of corresponding revenue/balance sheet items, highlighting trends, and following up on questions/ concerns
· Prepares month-end substantiation packages for multiple legal entities.
· Ad-Hoc Requests (profit center creation) / Intra day
· Assists with audit requests from External Audit, Regulators and internal control teams.
· Update and review mapping tables.
Reporting and Analysis
· Performs financial reporting, analysis, and related activities for multiple legal entities from various activities including Global Market activities, financing activities.
· Assist in preparing financial statements (US GAAP and IFRS).
· Participate in the upgrades/version releases of respective reporting tools, as well as system amendments/enhancements required to facilitate new/modified reporting requirements. In connection with this effort, assist in user acceptance testing and trouble-shooting after deployment.
· Assist in identifying operational process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to increase the team’s efficiency and effectiveness. Also assist in integrating and streamlining the reports under the team’s responsibility
· Observe the bank’s policies and procedures
· Assist in any special project or request as directed by management
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· Knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP reporting with minimum years of financial reporting and analysis experience in a medium to large organization. Experience in financial reporting and analysis includes preparation of US GAAP and IFRS financial statements and financial reports for senior management.
· Basic Corporate Banking product knowledge
· Ability to obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the general ledger structure and financial reporting
· Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
· Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year end audit
· Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements
· Ability to learn new systems and products quickly
· Knowledge of business desktop applications (MS Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint)
· Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (formulas, pivot tables, charts, and graphs)
· Effective analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
Specific Qualifications (if required)
CA with upto 0-1 yrs exp/MBA +2 yrs
· Ability to deliver excellent results within the established timeframes while managing multiple priorities
· Strong attention to detail
· Excellent analytical and self-motivational skills
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
· Self-starter and team player, able to work independently and collaboratively with various teams in a deadline-focused environment
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Choose an item.
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 2 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Financial Services accounting experience
Qualifications – External
CA with 2 years of experience
Non CA with 4/5 years of experience
The Accounting Control Group (ACG) performs a key role in controlling the integrity of the data in the General Ledger (GL) by controlling the auto- reconciliations between the Back Office (BO) systems and the accounting General Ledger (GL) to ensure complete and accurate transfer of data and also performing a series of GL integrity control processes. The team currently perform controls over 24 BO system feeds to the accounting GL with a number of these due to be transferred to Mumbai. Controls are performed at each month end and periodically during the month. Team members have regular interaction with other control functions (Operations, Middle Office, IT and other Finance teams) and develop specialist skills in particular systems/products.
The Senior Controller will be responsible for the timely and accurate completion of daily and monthly control tasks including some supervisory support for 1 other member of staff in Mumbai. They will ensure that reconciliation breaks are investigated, understood and a GL impact assessment completed to determine whether the GL requires adjustment for the monthly closing. In addition, remediation action required must be documented and appropriate action taken to oversee any required changes to the reconciliation process or the GL.
· Supervisory support for 1 member of staff
· Perform/review control reconciliations over BO – GL feeds for BO systems (approx. 10) that are allocated to Mumbai
· Perform periodic GL integrity controls over specific GL accounts
· Investigate & document reconciliation and/or integrity control breaks
· Assess impact on GL for month end closing & if adjustment required
· Liaise with London Regional Finance and other control functions (BO, MO, IT etc) as required on a regular and timely basis
· Perform GL journal corrections as required
· Support remediation actions for control process issues identified
· Maintain up-to-date procedures for all controls operated by the Mumbai team
· Contribute to the BNP Paribas Operational Permanent Control framework
Qualified accountant with experience of operating/supervising accounting controls (NB: will consider non-qualified if significant relevant experience and skills)
Years of experience
Qualified – PQE 3-5 yrs preferably with experience performing/supervising accounting controls (this could include product control experience)
Technical Knowledge & skills
o Accounting control and reconciliations
o Ability to analyse issues and identify root cause & solutions
o Excel (at least intermediate)
o Knowledge of Investment banking products
o Access skills (to intermediate)
Preferred industry/domain experience
· Audit experience (preferably in top firm with banking experience)
· If not qualified – must demonstrate significant relevant experience
· Communicate technical information clearly and concisely
· Escalate issues on a timely basis
· Self-motivated, quick learner and able to work independently
· Attention to detail
· Specific accounting controls experience inc reconciliation and integrity controls?
· # years experience?
· Audit experience?
· Top audit firm?
· Data handling/excel skills?