SAP BI4 Reporting & SQL Database Developer (3-5yrs)
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
ALMT function is responsible for Asset Liabilities management and treasury activity of BNP Paribas. It also handles Bank’s funding needs and risk management activities. ALMT IT is a Deal Capture & Deal Processing Application catering to IT demands of ALMT functions within the bank.
ALMT IT Data Management Team is in charge of supporting Reporting and Data Warehouse applications build using SAP BI4 Solution with Sybase IQ as Data warehouse. This is used by ALM-Treasury (Traders, Sales, MO, etc.)
Sr. Software Engineer
Business Line / Function:
Team Lead/Project Manager
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Current position is under ALMT IT Data Management Team scope to contribute in individual capacity on development, enhancements, and maintenance & support activities for multiple applications.
· Application designing / development / testing / support / enhancements / bug fixing.
· Interact with functional and technical representatives of project teams in order to understand business functionalities, technical modules, integration mechanism and data sources.
· Prepare test plans and conduct Unit & Regression Testing.
· Create prototype for proof of concept and business requirements validations.
· Ensure that the project and organization standards are followed during various phases of software development lifecycle and day-to-day development work.
· Estimate efforts, schedule for various modules, and meet deadlines.
· Technical and Release Documentation
· To participate in out-of-hours / daytime support as required
· To work with teams to help solve complex technical problems
· Contribute towards innovation, suggest new technical practices to be implemented
· Contribute towards initiatives to improve processes and delivery efficiency
· Contribute towards recruitment efforts – both for the team as well as for the organization
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Mandatory Technical Skills:
· Strong knowledge on BI4 Webi Report Designer, IDT, BI4 Universe Designer
· Strong knowledge on Database SQL query writing (Procedural programming like Procedures, Functions, Triggers etc.)
· Experience in technical analysis and database designing.
· Good Knowledge on Linux/ Unix environment including Shell Scripting.
· Good knowledge of version control tools, preferably Bitbucket
· Ability to learn & work on diverse technologies (languages, frameworks, and tools)
· Thorough understanding of complete Software Development Lifecycle
Nice to have Skills:
· Knowledge/ experience on ODI ETL Tool
· Knowledge/ experience on Sybase ASE/ Sybase IQ Database
· Exposure to Financial Domain.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to share / pass on knowledge
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)