Sec IT – Test Engineer – Chennai
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals – Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Business line/Function :
The Global Markets business of BNP Paribas helps its corporate and institutional clients leverage capital markets across the globe for their financing, risk management and investment needs. This encompasses a wide range of financial products ranging from Foreign exchange to complex Equity Derivatives that are traded in financial markets across the globe 24/7. IT systems are integral to the business and are a key part of the value proposition to clients. These IT systems range from industry standard products for standard process automation to internally developed, often, market leading IT applications. The IT teams owning these IT systems are made up of functions that include Technical and Application production support, Business Analysis & Project Management, Development & Maintenance and Quality Control. BNP Paribas India Solutions is an equal partner in these IT functions along with colleagues in other locations including Paris, London, New York, Tokyo, Singapore & Hong Kong. This partnership ranges from sharing the IT workload, executing global strategy to owning global applications offshore. The technology and engineering landscape is wide, encompassing almost all techniques and platforms. It continues to evolve and transform with the market with the business continuing to invest in it.
Position, Risk & PnL IT
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Position is to fulfill requirement of Test Engineer in Securitization IT team with needful exposure on design and execute manual & automation test cases. Need to work closely with developers and BA in team to cover target test deliverables in application road map
- Work with Dev and BA team across region to understand functionality of application and target enhancements w.r.to test coverage.
- Owning quality of deliverable by performing needful testing including Regression and Functional.
- Own Test Automation Activities in application.
- Performing defect analysis, developing test scenarios/cases, Test Monitoring and Execution.
- Drive preparation of test environment to execute test cases.
- Analyzing the test cases prepared by other team members.
- Document and report the errors in a detailed manner in Bug Management tool JIRA.
- Owning test cycle during each sprint and publishing test KPI timely manner to relative stakeholders.
- Ability to learn and extend knowledge base on needed skillset covering SQL/ Python/ Java/ Robot framework
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Provide daily/Weekly status work progress to onshore/offshore.
- Perform Test case reviews.
- Train juniors in team in order to ensure knowledge sharing and backup.
- Ensure all activities carried-out are compliant with Organization and Project policy guidelines.
- Contribute to automated regression testing for the release
- Contribute to quality of deliverable working as one team and fulfilling needful test coverage.
- Contribute towards initiatives to improve processes and delivery
- Contribute to deliver Testing commitments as per release time line.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Good experience in manual and automation testing of Web application
- Exposure on Functional, Regression testing and testing practices.
- Develop and execute test automation scripts in Python
- Preferred knowledge in programming languages Python/Java
- Should have database scripting skills: SQL Server (and/or) Oracle.
- Estimate test accurately and coordinate with team members for work activities
- Good to have knowledge in Banking domain
- Good to have knowledge in ROBOT framework/ Selenium
Communication skills – oral & written
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years