- Standard / Permanent
- OPERATION PROCESSING
Business Line / Function:
INVESTMENT AND FUND SERVICES OPERATIONS
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
§ Working as a member of a HFS-IS in Chennai.
§ The HFS team will be responsible for processing Subscription, Redemptions, Switch & Transfer for Hedge Funds, where Asian clients are investing in them.
- The candidate will also be responsible for inputting and generating reports to be filed with various regulators.
Acquire complete understanding of the HFS process & its related functions with various parties involved. For example: Custody ,FDS, NAV, Corporate Actions etc.
- Strive to become a SME (Subject Matter Expert) of the process by acquiring complete knowledge of HFS processing across all funds .
- Order collection and ensure completeness
- Verify client signature
- Prepare the order for input into BP2S systems
- Carry of checks on the order form.
- Follow up issues with the spoke team and with Client.
- Trade input / checking to BP2S core system
- Perform control procedures to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Generation of reports on daily & monthly basis to the Client.
- Dealing with adhoc requests from client and / or other BP2S locations.
- Adhere to quality SLA .
- Adhere to timeliness SLA .
- There should be no incidents logged on activities performed.
- Regular follow-up on Partial payments to be done diligently and should be highlighted to supervisor for further escalation in case break not cleared.
- Be pro-active in developing customer relations by understanding and responding to customer needs
- Strive continually for customer satisfaction
- Try to identify the real needs of the customer, including those not necessarily stated
- Deliver very high quality results
- Ensure to complete ad-hoc duties which may arise from time to time, mainly on First and Last week of the month and system down-time scenarios.
- Monitor the respective group mail box and respond efficiently to the queries.
- Required to plan leaves in advance as per GSO policies and keep a tab on unplanned leaves.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong analytical skills, detail orientation, service commitment, solid organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment, prioritizes multiple tasks and meets strict deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and strong MS Excel skills required.
- Should be self-motivated and energetic.
Risk and cost awareness
- Identify risks and promote risk-mitigation processes
- Identify potential cost-savings and promote cost-efficient processes while maintaining quality and risk controls
- Work effectively with team members to accomplish goals
- Respect the needs of others and displays integrity in dealing with team members
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to communicate to others in a clear, articulate fashion
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good listening and questioning ability
- Be able to express ideas effectively in individual and group situations
Planning & Organising
- Ability to plan work ahead and to prioritise workload
- Ability to work in an organised manner
- Must have an attention to detail
Continuous Improvement and adaptation
- Generate creative solutions to problems
- Always looks for ways to improve services and processes
- Be able to adapt to markets and clients evolution
Any graduate profile with excellent communication and analytical skills and basic knowledge on financial and capital markets.
Communication skills – oral & written
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years