- Standard / Permanent
- OPERATION PROCESSING
Senior Associate – RECONCILIATION OFFICER
FUND ACCOUTING – RECONCILIATIONS
Business Line / Function:
INVESTMENT AND FUND SERVICES OPERATIONS
ASSISTANT MANAGER/ASSISTANT MANAGER LEAD
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
This role is an entry-level position that requires compulsory formal education with excellent communication skills. In this position, a Senior Associate performs the role of preparer and a part time checker/reviewer and has to deliver the reconciliations done between bank/out of bank assets Vs ledger accounts and save necessary back-up for further assimilation to stakeholders. A Senior Associate will also contribute by bringing in the exuberance, fresh ideas and previous work experience to the table in this fast changing environment.
§ Acquire complete understanding of the reconciliation process & its related functions with various parties involved. For example: Custody, TA, Pricing, FDS, NAV, Corporate Actions, Transactions processing etc.
- Strive to become a SME (Subject Matter Expert) of the process by acquiring complete knowledge of reconciliations processing across all funds & instruments types.
- Ensure all reconciliation breaks in cash, shares, securities and derivatives are identified, investigated, followed-up and commented (as per standard commentary format) for each NAV calculation.
§ Ensure reconciliations are completed for each NAV calculation.
§ Should be able to contribute for double checking and review of reconciliations.
§ Completeness of reconciliations includes:
§ Tracking transaction sign-off in e-mail box.
§ Tracking pricing sign-off in e-mail box. (specific for derivatives reconciliations).
§ Identification of breaks.
§ Saving relevant back-ups whenever there are breaks in funds.
§ Closing of reconciliations on reconciliation tool (pControl/Intellimatch).
§ Update time on tracker upon completion of processing of reconciliations (on time).
§ Digital checks to be performed when reconciliation performed manually.
- Adhere to quality SLA of 99% & above while performing reconciliations.
- Adhere to timeliness SLA of 95% & above while performing reconciliations.
- There should be no comebacks from NAV teams on the reconciliations performed.
- There should be no incidents logged on reconciliations performed.
- Regular follow-up on aged breaks to be done diligently and should be highlighted to supervisor for further escalation in case break not cleared.
- Be proactive in resolving queries and escalate immediately to the supervisor on any issues/queries/escalations.
- Ensure to complete ad-hoc duties which may arise from time to time, mainly on month ends, year-ends and system down-time scenarios.
- Monitor the respective group mail box and respond efficiently to the queries.
- Required to plan leaves in advance as per GSO policies and keep a tab on unplanned leaves.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
¡ Excellent verbal and written communication.
¡ Strong analytical skills, detail orientation, service commitment, solid organizational and interpersonal skills.
¡ Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment, prioritizes multiple tasks and meets strict deadlines
¡ Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and strong MS Excel skills required.
¡ Should be self-motivated and energetic.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Any graduate profile with excellent communication and analytical skills and basic knowledge on financial and capital markets.
Communication skills – oral & written
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
Experience of 3 years