Senior Associate/AL1/A -Revenue
- Standard / Permanent
- FINANCE ACCOUNTS AND MANAGEMENT CONTROL
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is the European Union’s leading bank and key player in international banking. It operates in 65 countries and has nearly 185,000 employees, including more than 145,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main fields of activity: Commercial, Personal Banking & Services for the Group’s commercial & personal banking and several specialised businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment, and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, the Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, BNP Paribas has four domestic markets: Belgium, France, Italy, and Luxembourg. The Group is rolling out its integrated commercial & personal banking model across several Mediterranean countries, Turkey, and Eastern Europe. As a key player in international banking, the Group has leading platforms and business lines in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific. BNP Paribas has implemented a Corporate Social Responsibility approach in all its activities, enabling it to contribute to the construction of a sustainable future, while ensuring the Group’s performance and stability
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions
About Business Line/Function :
Performance Steering within Finance Shared Services is responsible for accurate and timely management accounting, reporting and budgeting activities.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The jobholder will be responsible for accurate and timely Revenue management accounting and management reporting. Candidate will also be responsible for reporting and analysis of Paris Revenue at the client, business and contract levels including.
All management reporting is performed in accordance with relevant and applicable instructions, as per the deadlines set forth and with complete audit trail to follow.
Management Accounting & Control Functions
· Manage / perform reconciliation and control checks between revenues in management accounting & financial accounting systems
· Manage / perform adjustments in management accounting system for correct management reporting
· Ensure monthly revenues reporting (Flash/Actuals) & other related management reporting (Cost of Risk/European Central Bank reporting/etc) to Head Office are completed within pre-set deadlines
· Prepare monthly management reports & other related management reporting within pre-set deadlines
· Work closely with regional Meter PMs / Country PMs and Head Office Finance in analyzing business performance
· Manage the limited production process of budget and forecast exercises following HO and Regional PM guidelines
· Provide analysis and response to questions raised by HO Finance / Regional Finance / internal management
· Ensure the figures reported for the site/s in scope are accurate and compliant with Head Office Management Accounting rules and principles
· Update, maintain and advise on monthly system parameters & referential (i.e. mapping tables) for management reporting
· Manage adhoc assignments as requested by HO Finance / Regional Finance / internal management.
· Perform sanity checks / high-level reviews of monthly and quarterly reports, raising questions to the senior reporting analysts for further investigation
· Review process documents and keep the procedures for production of all reporting tasks up-to-date
Projects, Systems Support, Operational Process Improvements
· Participate in the upgrades / version releases of respective reporting tools, as well as system amendments / enhancements required to facilitate new / modified reporting requirements. In connection with this effort, assist in user acceptance testing and trouble-shooting after deployment.
· Help formulate system enhancements for operational process improvements in production, control procedures and workflow to increase efficiency and effectiveness. Assisting in integrating and streamlining reporting under the team’s responsibility.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- 4-6 years of experience in a global financial services company
- Prior accounting, management reporting experience desirable
- Excellent PC skills; ability to learn new systems quickly
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (formulas, pivot tables, charts, and graphs)
- Working knowledge and understanding of Smartview/Essbase and MS Access desirable
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Communication skills – oral & written
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…