Senior Associate / Assistant Manager – ORO ICT Controls Testing assessor
- Standard / Permanent
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
The Risk ORM, Operational Risk Officer IT is part of the Group Risk Functions within BNP Paribas. It is a part of the 2nd line of defense and the department has responsibility for identification of key operational and technology related risks to the Bank and influencing business and technology partners to take sound risk management decisions.
The Group Risk ORM Networks Control Testing activities are carried out using risk based approach and may be conducted periodically at group or entity levels with continuous review and assessment as required. The frequency for testing may increase, for certain topics, where environments are subject to continued change due to mergers and acquisitions or improvements in IT and Business processes.
The GCL Testing activities aims to validate whether the risk mitigation framework operates as expected by verifying standards, policies and practices, contributing to the residual risk determination process by validating the implementation of the required controls.
Sr. Associate/Asst. Manager – ICT Controls Testing
Business Line / Function:
Group RISK ORM
ICT Controls Testing Lead, India CoE
Sr. Associate/Asst. Manager/Manager
Group Head of ICT Controls Testing
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The below requirement is for ICT Controls Testing Assessor role which part of the Group RISK ORM Network team. The candidate will be part of The Bank’s 2nd line of defense function, and they will be responsible for testing the deployment, and effectiveness of the IT and Cyber controls globally.
The position is based in India Solutions Pvt. Ltd. (ISPL), Mumbai and reports to the ICT Controls Testing Lead (India CoE) plus functionally to Group Head of ICT Controls Testing.
- Perform the independent testing of ICT controls (ITGC controls testing) to determine the design effectiveness, and operating effectiveness of IT and Cyber controls.
- Contribute to the industrialization and automation of RISK ORM ICT control testing services by development of methodologies / tools for the achievement of assignments.
- Draft high quality reports containing the assessor’s opinion on the ICT control gaps, and recommendations for improvement, post completion of an assignment;
- Review and assist with the evaluation of control deficiencies and provide practical recommendations for remediation.
- Identify areas of improvement for ICT control testing, and assist with the enhancement of the methodologies / tools for carrying out the ICT controls testing assignments.
- Ensure completion of the testing and adherence to the internal timelines.
- Provide IT and cyber risk management consultancy (specific to ICT controls) to business and IT stakeholders.
- Work in collaboration with other stakeholders from business and RISK ORM teams to contribute towards influencing the ICT risk culture of The Bank.
- Improve the effectiveness of the Internal Controls programme by reviewing the control environment, risk assessment process, control activities, information and communication and monitoring activities
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- 3-9 years of experience in IT audit / ITGC controls testing / technical assessments, preferably in the areas of Cyber and Technology domains in a financial institution.
- Must be able to interface and coordinate work efficiently, and effectively with business partners.
- Excellent analytical skills – being able to come to a thoughtful and business focused conclusion quickly.
- Good communication, listening and influencing skills, including ability to articulate complex issues and incorporate feedback.
- Ability to manage their workload independently to meet their targets, and priorities set in conjunction with management.
- Demonstrating a calm professional approach, with a good understanding of delivery within time constraints and the need to escalate/inform departmental management as appropriate.
- Adapting personal approach to suit situations, individuals, groups and cultures. Is flexible in relation to getting the job done.
- Being rigorous and thorough – especially when logging and tracking issues through to conclusion.
- Demonstrating a high-level of commitment and self-motivation, combined with enthusiasm and a genuine interest in the role of Risk Assessment in business.
- Ability to express views clearly and fluently, both orally and in writing. Considers the audience, avoiding technical jargon wherever necessary and appropriate.
- Works iteratively, delivering quickly and frequently to produce high quality documents and outputs which require little to no rework.
- Team player – focus on the success of the whole team. Working well both with others, as well as individually.
- Ability to work under strict timelines and at pressure situations to manage the delivery.
- Open to work under global time zones as required for workshops or stakeholder discussions.
- Has the proven ability to think outside of the box, challenge industry norms and adapt quickly to evolving requirements.
- Is self-aware, anticipates problems, adapts and meets them head on.
- Strong stakeholder management, relationship building, influencing, facilitating and presenting skills.
- Is solutions focused – measures their output on whether issues, problems or challenges are resolved as a criteria for success.
- University degree (technical), and/or certification such as ISO27001, CISA.
- Professional qualifications/trainings relevant to technology and/or cyber risk (e.g. change management, outsourcing, vulnerability management, cloud security etc.).
Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making decisions, and escalate issues to your manager when unsure.
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Attention to detail / rigor
Communication skills – oral & written
Ability to synthetize / simplify
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Ability to manage a project
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)