Senior Associate – Financial & Management Accounting
- Standard / Permanent
- FINANCE ACCOUNTS AND MANAGEMENT CONTROL
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals – Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Business line/Function :
The Nearshore department is a Cross Border team located in Mumbai and fully dedicated to the APAC region. The Nearshore department is under creation and going through different projects of on-boarding new services and implementing a new accounting and reporting system (OFS). The platform is design to service entities across APAC including:
· BNPP Group legal entities in North, South East Asia and Australia.
· The operational scope covers Financial & Management Accounting & Reporting, Credit Risk Reporting and contribution to the Liquidity Reporting.
Financial & Management Accounting – Senior Associate
Finance Shared Services -SMS
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The main responsibility of the Subject Matter Stream (SMS) is to ensure the accuracy of the production of the financial and management accounting ledgers through a new BNP Paribas tool (OFS). Understanding the activities, the tools, the data flow and processes, as per the Target operating model is key to the function. Ensuring these processes are followed and duly documented, putting in place the adequate level of controls.
· Be responsible for the production of the financial accounting and related controls for a business unit.
· Posting of journal entries, preparation of accruals and other financial accounting tasks.
· Performing daily, weekly and monthly control checks to ensure there are no anomalies in ledger and investigate any issues caused due to system or manual error.
· Measure and book the required adjustments in accounting to ensure completion and accuracy of the General ledger.
· Perform intragroup reconciliation
· Manage the cost of risk processing
· Perform the operating systems to ledger reconciliation
· Ensure the accuracy of the Financial and Management accounting ledgers via a strong level 1 control
· IFRS accounting for month end close
· Create, maintain and follow the process documentations as per the target operating model
· Understand the new ledger (OFS) processes and usage of OFS tools from the financial and management accounting, controls and reporting perspective
· Testing feeds and processes before entities go live on the new systems (OFS)
Be responsible for the static data of the entity/business unit
Support the production teams during parallel run and go-live to ensure that the OFS tools and processes are followed as per the target operating model
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· Ability to adapt to changes
· Capability to work and interact with various people of different expertise and level.
· Client focus
· Management skills
Specific Qualifications (if required)
· Expertise in accounting of banking products/activity and on IFRS
· Knowledge of financial reporting processes in Banking and Capital Market industry
· Knowledge of Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB) activities and products
· Good communication (oral and written), organisation and documentation skills.
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Communication skills – oral & written
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Chartered Accountant/MBA Finance
At least 2 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
· Good communication skills including interactions with international counterparties
· Very high comfort with working with numbers: rigor, analytical mind-set, ability to interpret and explain numbers
· Strong sense of organization, ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
· Hard working
· Team spirit
· Curiosity and open to other cultures