Senior Associate – Remittances
- Standard / Permanent
- OPERATION PROCESSING
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
GPCO (Global Payment and Cash Operations) is catering to different Asian and Middle East Regions to process remittance transactions/Loans Processing/ Cheque Clearing /Deposits and Cheque Collections for various clients. India remittance team is handling back office processing on behalf of 8 branches and we have two 2 sites Mumbai & Chennai from where ARPC operates.
Global Payment and Cash Operations)
Business Line / Function:
Global Payment and Cash Operations)
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
To process, monitor and control transaction processing for Remittance & Payments preprocessing of BNPP WITH THE OBJECTIVE to facilitate smooth functioning of operations while meeting the Operations Objectives of BNPPISPL for all the sites handled.
1. OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT: Processing of Remittance & Payments transactions to ensure that they are accurate, as per the prescribed service delivery standards and as per the SLA with the sites.
2. OPERATIONS RISK MANAGEMENT: Adhere to control plans and pay attention to risk related areas in operations.
3. COMPLIANCE: Ensure adherence to internal guidelines, compliance, screening, legal and regulatory aspects.
Anti-Money Laundering / Financial Sanctions (“AML/FS”) related duties
Operations are an integral part of the control framework including for AML/FS topics. In that respect, in performing your role you are expected to ensure adherence to AML/FS-related Group Policies and execution of associated operational controls, and to promptly escalate any resulting hit for analysis and decision to the relevant authority
1. OPC: Contribute to the Operations Permanent Control framework
2. CUSTOMER SERVICE: Monitor turnaround times and operational efficiency. Resolve customer complaints and queries.
3. CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: Support MO to address ultimate client needs and resolve customer complaints if any.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· Skills and competencies:
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Knowledge of preprocessing & processing of Remittance & Payments transactions.
• Knowledge of Basic Banking
• Internal Accounting Systems and Packages
• Familiarity with computer applications, MS-Office, Business Objects etc.
• Familiarity with Banking Back Office Operations, Processes and Systems.
• Knowledge on various regulations connected with Banking Operations
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Good Communication Skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Orientation towards Service Quality
• Ability to work independently
• Team work
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills – oral & written
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to manage a project
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)