Senior Business Analyst
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centered on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporate and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
The role is in Global Banking IT – Business Analysis and Solutions Team catering to Credits Cluster. The function is that of a Business analyst with End-to-End project management & coordination working closely with business and on-shore Product Owners/ Project Managers as well as internal development, TCOE, IT security, architecture and other transversal teams.
CREDITS – Senior Business Analyst
Global Banking IT
Business Line / Function:
Business analysis and Solutions.
OR Senior Project Manager
OR Delivery Manager
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
· To function as a Business analyst with the Global Banking CREDITS team, catering to a number of applications related to the Credit Domain.
· To completely manage the End-to-End Credit implementations with Business and other stakeholders.
· Needs to be involved in the requirements gathering with Business Product Owners, documenting the business requirements and functional specifications. Needs to liaise up with the development teams, testing teams, coordinate testing efforts and be involved in production implementation.
· The candidate must be able to:
1. Clearly understand the client business requirements and provide optimal solutions.
2. Contribute to the analysis and drafting of business requirements and functional specifications.
3. Writing of Business Test Cases, Business rule, acceptance criteria and conducting the SIT & UAT cycles.
4. Should be well versed with the Agile / Scrum methodologies, SDLC cycle, quality and release control processes.
- To work closely with Product Owners, Users (if required), Testing team and development team to understand the Business Requirements.
- In future, take responsibility as Product owner in of agile team.
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
- To analyze requirements and perform gap analysis independently.
- To create, maintain and review business requirements as Epics / User Stories in Jira.
- To prepare / review high-level test scenarios and conduct functional testing before releasing the feature / product.
- To conduct effective walkthroughs with Business / Development teams on functional requirements.
- To conduct effective walkthrough with UX-UI designers for mockups / wireframe creation.
- To do effective effort estimation and sprint planning.
- Should be comfortable and open to work with onshore stakeholders.
- Mentor and help other BA team members to deliver solution. Work on transversal topics spanning across projects, teams.
- Responsible for updating documentation on new or existing features with expected details for future references and knowledge transitions.
· Work closely with internal development, architecture and other transversal teams.
· Work as a team player for topics spanning across projects, teams.
· Quality conscious and appropriate documentation complying to SDLC standards
· Monitor quality and appropriate documentation complying to SDLC standards
· Writing job descriptions for new roles, conducting interviews and keep track of open positions/ backfills.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL LIAISON
The CREDIT Project teams.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
The candidate should have strong functional skills and communication skills.
The job requires:
· Background in banking, more specifically in Credits domain (structured credits, loans and risks associated).
· Prior BA experience with Agile / Scrum background is necessary.
· Analysis, Solution definition and Problem solving.
· Experience in Stakeholder management. Service-oriented attitude and strong commitment to client satisfaction.
· Excellent verbal and written communication.
· Proven negotiation skills, facilitation skills. Capable of adapting to a new environment / changes and ability to deliver it successfully under pressure towards tight deadlines.
· Lead by example. Wellness to learn.
· Sincere and hard working. Self-starter, quick learner.
· Solution driven, Open positive mindset.
· Adopt the changes, able to identify gaps / risks and prepare the mitigation plan to deliver it smoothly.
Besides, the following skills are also expected:
· Clear organization skills and ability to manage projects.
· Interpersonal skills, ability to consolidate action plans and report progress status.
· Analytical, lateral thinker and result-oriented person.
· Team player demonstrating self-initiative when necessary.
· Manage end-to-end projects with tight tracking and governance.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
· Overall 5 – 8 years Business analyst experience.
· Preferably, good to have BA experience from Financial / Banking Industry or domain.
· 5 – 8 years of relevant experience in implementing IT Systems or interface development across financial or banking systems.
· Graduated from a top University.
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Communication skills – oral & written
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Attention to detail / rigor
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Ability to inspire others & generate people’s commitment
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)