Senior / Software Engineer
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function :
AFS-Private Capital Development team is center of expertise on all Fund Management/Accounting relevant jobs and processes. The team ensures all projects deliver PERE solutions both internally and from the vendor in accordance with new products / features, market practices and overall clients request to make every client benefit of these undertakings.
The team acts as a link between IT teams and GBCM team to assist on gathering the functional requirements needed for system modifications, enhancement, and implementations. It’s under the team’s responsibilities to ensure global Securities Services operational standards will be achieved and implemented. Furthermore, the team also provide assistance on Private Capital related requests if the first level analysis could not deliver the expected detail of information. The Private Capital Development team in Chennai is working for Luxembourg location. Major responsibilities of the team are to develop and support various applications around FIA/FIR
(Senior) / Software Engineer
Business Line / Function:
Private Capital & Real Estate
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
This is MSBI developer position (Relevant Experience: 3 to 5 Years) who can contribute to the full development lifecycle of reporting, database, data integration, cube, and data warehousing solutions. Working with Microsoft SQL Server and the full Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS).
The Developer will have following responsibilities:
· Participate in technical planning & requirements gathering phases including design, coding, testing, troubleshooting, and documenting data-oriented applications.
· Write detailed technical analysis with impacts (technical/functionally).
· Design, develop, test, and provide support during implementation.
· Bug fixing & performance optimization.
· Working independently on the tasks and taking ownership for the deliverables.
· Interact with business users to understand requirements and troubleshoot issues.
· Mentor and carry out code reviews of junior members on the team
· Support to Service Delivery team for Production issue.
· This resource should demonstrate the ability to work closely with clients/users to meet their requirements. This level should typically be used for a mid-level, more seasoned, fully proficient resource
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Expertise in End-to-end BI solutions
• Expertise with MS SQL Server and the full Microsoft BI Stack (SSAS, SSRS, SSIS)
• Experience delivering reporting, database, data integration and cube solutions
• Relational database and Strong knowledge in SQL Language
• Strong unit test and debugging skills
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, bit bucket
• Proficient Understanding of JIRA
• Exposure to visualization tool – Power BI/tableau and Power shell will be a plus
• Knowledge in shell scripting will be plus
• Good Oral & written communication
• Ability to work in a team
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Candidate should have interest to learn and explore alternative technologies
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Communication skills – oral & written
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
• MSBI (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
• Strong SQL Skills
• Power BI
• Power shell