Senior Software Engineer- MSBI Developer
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function :
Business Intelligence department is part of ITG FRESH Connect and is primarily responsible for business analysis, functional support and developing tactical business intelligence solutions for CIB Finance globally.
The team develops and maintains internal bespoke software solutions for various departments within Finance using different BI tools.
Senior Software Engineer
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The project currently requires a senior software engineer who could contribute to development and maintenance of the project.
Candidate needs to have experience of working within a dynamic and demanding environment reacting to changing business needs. The candidate should be proficient in the core skillset, should be flexible to work as an individual contributor. The candidate should take complete ownership of tasks and drive them to completion.
· Should be able to translate business requirements into system design
· Should be able to analyze user requirements, functional specifications, and providing development effort estimates for the same.
· Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining
· Experience of database design or integration experience with SQL Server database
· In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
· Experience delivering reporting, database, data integration and cube solutions
· Should be good at Communication (written + oral) Skills
· Should have Business/Customer facing skills
· Should have the ability to work independently as well as within a team
· Should take complete ownership of tasks and drive them to completion.
· Should be well aware about standard IT processes and methodologies such as SDLC, Agile and SCRUM
- Manage enhancement and update schedules for the BI applications
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- Should be experienced in managing large databases and experienced in DB and ETL performance tuning
- Should contribute to innovation initiatives
- Should strictly adhere to organization processes
- Support maintenance, troubleshooting and management of BI applications
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
The candidate should have a minimum of 5 years software development experience in Microsoft technologies primarily SQL Server (MSBI) and, SSIS. The candidate should be able to create and maintain ETL jobs developed in SSIS and write complex queries in SQL server. Good to have hands-on and the working knowledge of SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services). Able to do performance tuning.
· Primary Skills: SSIS (ETL) and SQL Developer
· Secondary Skills: SSAS, SSRS and Python would be beneficial (not mandatory)
· Miscellaneous: Awareness about tools such as C#.net, Alteryx, Power BI and Tableau is nice to have.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
B.E., MCA or Graduate equivalent Degree
5 + years’ experience required
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Attention to detail / rigor
Communication skills – oral & written
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to manage a project
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred